[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - iSimple iPod Kit for Solara 06 Radio
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

iSimple iPod Kit for Solara 06 Radio

iSimple iPod Kit for Solara 06 Radio

Postby reelss » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:53 pm

I have an '05 Solara, but an '06 Radio with SAT.

I recently purchased the iSimple - Apple® iPod® Direct Connect Kit. I was able to install the kit, however, there are a couple of concerns. FYI, I am using it for an iPhone 3g and am assuming it should work the same as for an iTouch.

1. The iPhone doesn't charge while playing.

2. The sound coming out is good, but not as good as the CD playback. It is not as crisp. Is this the expected?

Both of those are deal breakers for me. Have other noticed the same using iSimple or kits from other vendors? I would greatly appreciate any help and if others could share their opinions.

I just want to connect my iPhone to the factory radio and get the best sound possible while it charges. Any suggestions?
reelss
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

I-Simple and I-Bust

Postby red2002solara » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:52 am

I bought the I-Simple last year for my 06 SLE V6. It worked for about 6 months then stopped; it no longer charges my Ipod (I used the nano in my car) and no longer transmits sound. I'll be taking it into my local independent car electronics shop to have it fixed or replaced. When it did work the sound came out fine and I was able to change songs using the steering wheel controls.
red2002solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:22 pm

1.. new iphones wont charge on most products, apple decided to change the charging pin on the new 3g and most of the new gen 2 itouch/nanos ..

if not compatible you need one of these...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A

or just deal with it.

2...anything fm modulated sucks in general, you get the music but fidelity is usually not there.

I havent heard of anything that will compare to a hard wired ipod solution.

hope this helps!
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby aleki2424 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:22 pm

I dont use a direct kit to hook up my ipod, but unless i am wrong , i think CD's would have waay better quality than mp3's (unless its over 192kbps).
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5