[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 8" BOSS Bass600
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

8" BOSS Bass600

8" BOSS Bass600

Postby Taido » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:18 pm

The subs finally came. Gonna be installing them (or at try to install one) tonight when I get off work.

Better 1

Or 2

Anyone have a suggestion for where to ground the built in amp? Was thinking of going under the middle piece where the cup holder is and find a part of the chassis there.
Last edited by Taido on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:58 pm

where are the subs going? There are plenty of places in the trunk to ground them o.o
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 pm

I grounded mine to the actual chasis, for the best ground.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Taido » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Okay so... I'm a noob and didn't think that the subs wouldn't come with all the wiring and stuff I'd need... lol :drinking: :bad-words: :drinking:

So, suggestions on ground wire, +12A wire, wire that goes to the blue/white "system remote control" wire on the headunit, and RCA cable?
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby D-money » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:58 pm

you could probably do both with one amp installation kit there about 60 bux for a 4 gage
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:59 pm

tap in your remote to the back of your stereo the blue/white there.. simple t-tap is enough

for 12V i also tapped into the power cable i think yellow one on the back of the radio..

finally for groudn since its mounted under the seats you have a good location there to the chassis.. use the seat bolt and bolt it in there... using that same bolt.. remmeber to torque that back to spec... its your key to living in an accident
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby D-money » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 am

Ive done many installs and and your best bet for power is a direct line from the battery for main power. you need that to get the most out of your amps if you run it to the stereo supply you will starve the amp for power. But like trdkamuri51o said the remote lead from the stereo is your signal wire the grounding point he mentioned is good but you want to make sure you sand down the contact point on the chassis remove all the paint at the contact point.let me know if you need any further assistance.what kind of head unit did you say you had
ImageImage
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Go with set up #2. Looks cleaner. As for a ground, you can just use one of the seat bolts.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:21 pm

GzNutz wrote:Go with set up #2. Looks cleaner. As for a ground, you can just use one of the seat bolts.

yeah, Im liking the second pic as well.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:44 pm

D-money wrote:Ive done many installs and and your best bet for power is a direct line from the battery for main power. you need that to get the most out of your amps if you run it to the stereo supply you will starve the amp for power. But like trdkamuri51o said the remote lead from the stereo is your signal wire the grounding point he mentioned is good but you want to make sure you sand down the contact point on the chassis remove all the paint at the contact point.let me know if you need any further assistance.what kind of head unit did you say you had

wow did i actually say run the power off the headunit?? geeze i was drunk last night!!!!!!!!

:drinking: :drinking:
he is right run a 4gauge wire from the battery with a fuse. you can buy kits for cheap at even places like autozone or walmart..
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o

Postby D-money » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:35 pm

trdkamuri51o wrote:
D-money wrote:Ive done many installs and and your best bet for power is a direct line from the battery for main power. you need that to get the most out of your amps if you run it to the stereo supply you will starve the amp for power. But like trdkamuri51o said the remote lead from the stereo is your signal wire the grounding point he mentioned is good but you want to make sure you sand down the contact point on the chassis remove all the paint at the contact point.let me know if you need any further assistance.what kind of head unit did you say you had

wow did i actually say run the power off the headunit?? geeze i was drunk last night!!!!!!!!

:drinking: :drinking:
he is right run a 4gauge wire from the battery with a fuse. you can buy kits for cheap at even places like autozone or walmart..
LOL!!!! i know the feeling
ImageImage
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Taido » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:56 pm

D-money wrote:what kind of head unit did you say you had

I have a Pioneer DEH-P3000IB (link is to the install manual). With the RCAs there's only one set the manual says is for actual subs. You can get a cable that joins the two ends into one. I was thinking I could get two of these and plug them in that way. Or would it be fine if I just used both sets of outputs?
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby D-money » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:15 pm

from what i see you have four pre amp outputs on the HU and on your sub there is only one input so you dont need Any adapters all you have to do is run the front left pre amp out channel to the sub under the drivers seat and run the front right pre amp output to the one under the passenger seat .and the rear pre amp outputs you can use later when/if you decide to put a sub in the trunk
ImageImage
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Taido » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:59 pm

When I secure the subs down is there anything beneath the floor that I should worry about hitting like wiring or gas lines and such.
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby D-money » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 pm

That I do not know, I have see applications where thin sheets of ply wood where put between the carpet and the floor board to mount the amps to
ImageImage
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5