[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Changes in 2007 Convertible SE
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Changes in 2007 Convertible SE

Changes in 2007 Convertible SE

Postby otter111a » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:48 am

Hello,
I have been looking around on the forum for a few days now trying to figure out exactly the best way to proceed in improving my radio.

My car is a 2007 SE convertible *without* the JBL sound system.

From what I have read, all '07 convertibles have an amplifer.
For now I want to replace the amp, replace the front speakers and maybe the rear (if I have time to take out the seat).

Is there an decent amp that will mount easily in the same location?
Will I be able to power and ground the amp with the lines that go into the stock amp? Does anyone make an adapter to make doing that easy?

Are there any amps that will let you use the switch that turns the volume up when the top is down?
2007 Convertible SE
Red
otter111a
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Joe Cat » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:59 am

Try changing your title like - Help- needed to replace 07 vert amp!- Which one?? "

I am ansious as i have an 2008-

Please pm if you have found anything out- I am probably going for the medium duty mb quart component 6*9 for the front and yes worrying about the rears later and then probably installing another - Small sub box with 2 8 inch subs for that tight bas with a 250 or so amp..

Joe
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:37 am

ALL car radios have an amplifier but the difference with the Solaras are that the JBL units have a separate amplifier located by the glove box and non-JBL units have a built-in amplifier within the headunit. But this is rather moot, if you want to upgrade your system just replace the headunit first with one that can be added on to later (line-outs) and then good speakers. Adding an amp, crossovers, processors, etc. should will be alot easier down the road without spending too much time banging your head against the trunk and dash for weeks on end. Adding onto your existing system is probably more possible than with a JBL unit but it would be a waste of money and sound quality.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5