[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - AUDIO AND CLIMATE CONTROL
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

AUDIO AND CLIMATE CONTROL

AUDIO AND CLIMATE CONTROL

Postby bivash » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:39 pm

Hey guys.. I've just recently got an 04 solara v6 SE with 65K km on it (for $14k!).

I am wanting to swap out the 04 stock radio with the 07 jbl 6 disc one (with the aux input). I've done a lot of research on these forums, and found a few threads regarding this.. but I'm still not sure as to if it will be a direct fit without any modification to the body... Can anyone confirm that?

My next question, I'm wanting to swap out the manual climate control with the SLE's digital climate control.. I found a few on ebay that are selling the units for around 65 dollars.. Is this possible? and if so, is it a direct plug and play?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
bivash
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Do you currently have the 6 disc jbl system in your 04? If not, it's not a direct swap with the 07 6 disc jbl.

I swapped my '04 6 disc (cd only) jbl head unit for the '07 6 disc (cd & mp3) jbl and I love the aux for my iphone.

I'm also moving this to the Gen 2 Audio/Video/Navigation section.

Good luck,
Michael
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby bivash » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 pm

i do currently have the 6 disc jbl audio unit... is that a bad thing? I was hoping it would be easier since i already have it and i only want the aux input...
bivash
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby aleki2424 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:21 am

I think he says that it is swappable if you currently have the 6disc, so no its not a bad thing.
I didn't think 04's came with manual controls?? strange
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:57 am

Should be a piece of cake then. Good luck, you'll enjoy the aux support.

I also like the fact that the '07 model supports mp3 and CDs.

-M
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby BadAngel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:03 am

Yeah the SLE came with the Digital climate controles... i have them. I'm pretty sure theres no easy way to do a swap because the digital one has a pretty big wiring harness plugged into the back of it and the manual one has quite a bit of mechanics involved in it. When you turn the knobs, it is actually directly and physically moving something (a vent or whatever). It works kind of like the break lines on a bike, as for the cars that came equipped with the digital climate control, all of this is done electronically through motors instead of beeing directly linked to the knobs.

Basically, if it is even possible, it would be VERY complicated. Not something I would attempt.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:35 am

basically no u cant swap the climate control

the radio should be an easy swap
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bivash » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm

thanks for all the input guys! i guess i'm not going ahead and even trying to swap out the climate control lol... dont have the time or patience for that :S..
bivash
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kpxboi0619 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 pm

I wanted to do the same before since my car came with the manual climate control. Last time I asked the dealer, they said they would need to install some kind of sensors in the front and back and big $$$$ job :)
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoLarry » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:43 pm

michaels artic frost wrote:Do you currently have the 6 disc jbl system in your 04? If not, it's not a direct swap with the 07 6 disc jbl.

I swapped my '04 6 disc (cd only) jbl head unit for the '07 6 disc (cd & mp3) jbl and I love the aux for my iphone.

I'm also moving this to the Gen 2 Audio/Video/Navigation section.

Good luck,
Michael

I have an '04 non-JBL stereo, would the '07 and up non JBL fit in my car? And how do you connect the aux input?
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5