[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - NAV stopped working ... Options before the dealer?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

NAV stopped working ... Options before the dealer?

NAV stopped working ... Options before the dealer?

Postby morganm00 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 pm

So, my NAV stopped working tonight. Basically, I mean it has no idea where I am. The little GPS indicator on the left side of the screen is not on and so it's guessing where I am (and quite badly at that) based on last known position and direction (although that's wrong too).

This happened once before several months ago but when I powered off the car and on again, it woke up. Done that 3 times since then and no change. Even unhooked the battery to force a full reboot. Still nothing.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts of other stuff to try before I give up and fork over my credit card to the dealer?

Thanks.
-mike
2006 Solara SLE Convertible
Absolutely Red / Dark Stone
NAV
morganm00
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:42 pm

First thing to try is to see if the antenna is disconnected. It's plugged in the back of the unit. Search the tutorials for directions on removing the headunit.
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby philosophicaljt » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:31 pm

It sounds silly, but check the DVD. When mine was having issues, my DVD was dirty. I cleaned it, since then it's been flawless.

Hit "Menu"
Then volume.
Then top left corner, then bottom left corner, then top left corner, then bottom left corner.
Then hold down over-ride until it beeps and grows a yellow border. Now you can put in destinations while moving.

Or, instead of holding down over-ride, there are some diagnostic items in that menu.

Have fun.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5