[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Auxiliary Input for 2006 Solara w/Factory Nav
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Auxiliary Input for 2006 Solara w/Factory Nav

Auxiliary Input for 2006 Solara w/Factory Nav

Postby JimGo » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 pm

I've been searching and reading up on this topic, but a good bit of the information available seems to be out of date. Does anyone know of a good, inexpensive solution for adding a hard-wired Aux input to the 2006 factor nav HU's? I have a Bluetooth stereo gateway that allows me to wirelessly stream music from my BlackBerry (via the Internet) to the car radio, but it only has a stereo jack built in. I miss being able to listen to some of my favorite radio stations, so I'd really like to get a good solution relatively soon. However, I don't have a lot of money (i.e., hundreds of $$'s are out of the question) to throw at this "problem". Does anyone know whether the inputs on the back of the HU are expecting line level or speaker level inputs? Could I simply create a wire to hook up the output from the Bluetooth gateway (which is a speaker level output, IIRC), or do I need to use a powered solution to reduce the output levels of the Bluetooth gateway?

Any suggestions are appreciated!
- Jim
JimGo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Auxiliary Input for 2006 Solara w/Factory Nav

Postby simplysolara » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Did you ever get an answer for this. I have a 2005 with navigation and Im at a loss for an affordable solution! Please help!
simplysolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JimGo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:30 am

No, unfortunarely I have not. I wound up going with an FM transmitter for now. I hook up to it via bluetooth.
- Jim
JimGo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gmendonc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:25 pm

JimGo wrote:No, unfortunarely I have not. I wound up going with an FM transmitter for now. I hook up to it via bluetooth.

I had Best Buy wire in an FM transmitter when I still had my factory NAV system head unit in. The sound quality was way better then those over the counter FM transmitters that they sell but it was still lacking. I ended up removing the NAV system and bought a Dual xhd7714 head unit that has everything but the kitchen sink built into it. I also bought a PAC TATO adapter so I could retain the JBL factory amp. The sound quality is miles ahead of what it was with the FM transmitter but I am getting ready to remove the JBL amp and factory speakers and replace them all with aftermarket upgrades.
2006 Red Solara Convertible
Alpine CDE-HD149BT HD Radio/CD Receiver
Polk Audio db840DVC 8" Sub
Clarion SRG6932R 6x9's
Infinity Reference 5350a 5 channel amp
Kicker KS600 6x5's
gmendonc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:54 pm

How's the quality on the Dual headunit? Mine's about 3 years old and every once in a while, the display goes whacko. Also the 'mode' button on the remote no longer works.
However, having multiple inputs rocks: usb, 3.5mm stereo, bluetooth, ipod. w00t!
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JimGo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Yeah, I'm not happy with the FM transmitter, either. Ideally, I'd like a Bluetooth module that handles A2DP or something like that. If I could get the pinout for the back of the factory head unit, I could at least go with a wired connection.
- Jim
JimGo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gmendonc » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:10 pm

ThurzNite wrote:How's the quality on the Dual headunit? Mine's about 3 years old and every once in a while, the display goes whacko. Also the 'mode' button on the remote no longer works.
However, having multiple inputs rocks: usb, 3.5mm stereo, bluetooth, ipod. w00t!
Dr J

It's ok. You can tell they have cut a few corners to lower the price. The display is all but impossible to read with the top down during the day and people tell me it's hard to hear me when I make a phone call so the mic is not great. Despite all these short comings it's hard to complain when you've got HD radio, bluetooth, aux port and usb all built in. I love the fact that I can play music from my bluetooth enabled phone with no wires and still not miss a phone call.
Clarion SRG6932R 6x9's
Kicker KS600 6x5's
gmendonc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gmendonc » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:18 pm

JimGo wrote:Yeah, I'm not happy with the FM transmitter, either. Ideally, I'd like a Bluetooth module that handles A2DP or something like that. If I could get the pinout for the back of the factory head unit, I could at least go with a wired connection.

The pin outs are somewhere on this web site. Do some searches and you'll find them, I know I've seen them before. The Dual HU I have has bluetooth built in and plays music via A2DP. I sometimes hear a slight engine whine between songs if I've got it turned up really loud. There is no comparing that with the sound quality I used to get via FM transmitter. I could avoid it by using the aux port but the fact that no wires are required more than makes up for the sound quality.
Clarion SRG6932R 6x9's
Kicker KS600 6x5's
gmendonc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5