[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need to B
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need to B

if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need to B

Postby Joe Cat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 am

if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need to BE ABOUT IMPUTS,

i WAS GOING TO GET THE SCHOSHE LINE CONVERTER TO GET THE rca PLUGS- i CALLED MY RADIO STORE AND THEYSAID THATS JUNK AND TRIED TO SELL ME A $600.00 PROCESSOR

wHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

aNYONE HAVE GOOD OR BAD RESULTS

MY CAR IS A 2008 JBL SYSTEM, AND i WANT TO ADD A FIVE CHANNEL AMP AND MB QUARTS 6*9'S
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BadAngel » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:13 pm

Well first of all, the JBL system has a digital amplifier behind the glove box. so you're probably going to want to remove that. Its digital because it takes 4 outputs from the head unit and splits the front speakers into tweeters and mid/lows. So after the amplifier you have 6 speakers to deal with so in removing it you'll have to power 6 speakers either through the amp or get a crossover.

Honestly you probably shouldn't be doing this without also replacing the stock Head Unit because the JBL head unit and amplifier are made to work together and your going to have a difficult time getting the new amp wired up to the Head Unit Properly

I used a Sosche converter way back when I added my Subs, but I really wouldn't recommend this for all of the speakers, because it probably will mess with the sound quality. I noticed a much better sound when i replaced my Head Unit and ran an RCA cable straight to the sub amp instead of using the Sosche thing.

also, caps lock doesn't get your point across any better/faster/clearer than regular capitalization and punctuation. It's "Caps Lock" not "cruise Control" it just going to get you flamed in the future and Makes a bad impression of yourself.

Anyway, good luck with your audio endeavors!
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Joe Cat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks and gotcha
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:08 am

Agreed, your sound would be so much awesom-er-erer if you replaced the headunit and amp (AND speakers). While the stock JBL is good, making it good-er by adding subwoofers and amp with just line-outs from the stock headunit is gonna cause you major migraines. Take a trip through the thread archives and you'll realize the stock JBL setup doesn't liked to be added to, piggybacked or anyway altered. Plus the little fact that the amp itself is designed to shut down lickety split if it senses the slightest change in electrical current. If you're low on cash I would just change out the speakers first with some good brand name aftermarkets, you WILL notice a difference. Once you get that "Crisp addiction" then you can change out the headunit for one that allows everything but the kitchen sink to be added to it.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Re: if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:58 am

Joe Cat wrote:if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need to BE ABOUT IMPUTS,

i WAS GOING TO GET THE SCHOSHE LINE CONVERTER TO GET THE rca PLUGS- i CALLED MY RADIO STORE AND THEYSAID THATS JUNK AND TRIED TO SELL ME A $600.00 PROCESSOR

MY CAR IS A 2008 JBL SYSTEM, AND i WANT TO ADD A FIVE CHANNEL AMP AND MB QUARTS 6*9'S

Joe, look at the screen as you type! (Not the keyboard) Your left pinky finger hit the CAPS LOCK button in the first sentence. :P
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need

Postby crispone » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:41 am

PhreakdOut wrote:
Joe Cat wrote:if i add an amp to factory system how careful do i need to BE ABOUT IMPUTS,

Joe, look at the screen as you type! (Not the keyboard) Your left pinky finger hit the CAPS LOCK button in the first sentence. :P

^^^ fUnNy!!

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=32084

oKaY... SO i kNOw thAT I SAid it bEfORe... BuT preTTy mUcH ALL of YoUr QUEstions so FaR are in that thread! (Been there, done that... INCLUDING the Scoche converter... which = JUNK!)

You can really learn a LOT from a few minutes of reading in the audio section! LOTS of others with similar experimentation and ultimately, an opportunity to learn from OUR mistakes and "trial-by-error" experiences. :wink:

^^^ EVEN tried the Scoche box on PAGE TWO already... but if you read on... you'll see where THAT idea went!

G/L! :-?

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby GzNutz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:08 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5