[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Speaker advice needed for '05 Convertible
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Speaker advice needed for '05 Convertible

Speaker advice needed for '05 Convertible

Postby scottndeb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm

I love Infinity’s because they are both crisp and warm without too much midrange. I plan to go with REF6032cfs in back and REF9633cfs in front. I’m stumped about the in dash speakers. In my car (SLE with JBL) they seem quite a bit too loud and not balanced with the 6x9s in the door. Are they 2.5 or 3 inch? Do you guys recommend a small full-rage or a tweeter so you basically have a component setup? Also, about the sub - Mine seems like the crossover is set way to high and I’m getting almost a low mid out of the sub total mud. If I replace the head unit will that be fixed or do I need to bypass the JBL amp? I’m planning on installing a JVC® KDHDR50 in the front, but I don’t know what to do about the amp.

Thanks all!!
scottndeb
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BadAngel » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:16 pm

If you change the head unit, your pretty much going to have to change the JBL amp. I know they make an adapter that's supposed to plug into the JBL amp and allow it to take Left and Right outputs from a head Unit, but I've heard nothing but bad reviews on that. In fact i know for a fact there is a member on here who used it and it gives him random problems. So pretty much, yes you need to completely remove the JBL amp from the system if you are changing the Head Unit
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 am

Technically speaking the stock JBL amp is not just an amp but also your signal processor. It is designed only to be a match with the stock JBL headunit. Adding anything to the amp is gonna give you migraines. Replacing the stock headunit should automatically mean bypassing the JBL stock amp.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

AMP Speaker wire colors

Postby rhag1128 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:09 am

I am mid change of my E7001 head unit with an Eclipse 6600 w/ ipod and Sirius. As the AMP is mounted in the car, the lower smaller plug is the input to amp side? and the larger upper plug is the output speaker out side, is this correct? I would just like to run the speaker out lines from the Eclipse unit to these wires and splice in. 2 Front tweeters, 2 front doors 2 rear side panels and one subwoofer (convertible)

Anyone know/have the wire colors for these speaker lines assuming these are the speaker lines I am looking at in the upper amp plug?

I've got power/ground etc working fine just no sound yet.
Other input/advice would be well received.

Randy
04 SLE Convertible
rhag1128
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby rhag1128 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Bump -
Someone has to have this info
rhag1128
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: AMP Speaker wire colors

Postby ETMegabyte » Sun May 09, 2010 7:32 pm

rhag1128 wrote:I am mid change of my E7001 head unit with an Eclipse 6600 w/ ipod and Sirius. As the AMP is mounted in the car, the lower smaller plug is the input to amp side? and the larger upper plug is the output speaker out side, is this correct? I would just like to run the speaker out lines from the Eclipse unit to these wires and splice in. 2 Front tweeters, 2 front doors 2 rear side panels and one subwoofer (convertible)

Anyone know/have the wire colors for these speaker lines assuming these are the speaker lines I am looking at in the upper amp plug?

I've got power/ground etc working fine just no sound yet.
Other input/advice would be well received.

Randy
04 SLE Convertible

I bought the Metra 70-8117 kit (cheap, like $15) which plugs into the "output" harness at the amp and brings standard colored wires you can hook to. It comes with 17 feet of wire, so you'll have to cut it down shorter, but it is well documented.

Figured I'd throw out that option in case you haven't got it going yet...
ETMegabyte
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5