[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Subwoofer vibrations
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Subwoofer vibrations

Postby Taido » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm

HEck you can even put a small piece behind the license plate. Last time I turned my system up that was the ONLY thing vibrating.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Any idea where that DIY is??

and how much would a trunk's worth of dynamat cost?

Eventually i plan to do the WHOLE car in dynamat... just gotta make sure im keeping this car longer than till the end of this school year!
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:57 pm

do you have an equalizer for frequencies under 60hz? in particluar, 40ish hz..

drop it like 2-3dB and let us know if that fixes some of it..

but in actuality.. you need sound dampening material everywhere. the trunk, the trunk lid rear deck anywhere you see metal.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby System_Crash » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:08 pm

I have the same exact problem with mine. You have to diassemble the entire rear deck starting with the top of the rear seat (fold down first) and the c pillars (the plastic going from the headliner to the rear glass) I have removed this before while tapping into the rear 6x9 wires so I could keep my stock c/d deck. I'm still kicking myself for not taking care of this while I had it apart! The rear push in plastic tabs on the botom of this pannel Image are the culprit I think. I'm betting some stick-on felt around thoes tabs would probly take care of the rattle. I will try this eventually and post my results.
Last edited by System_Crash on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Aotoyota wrote:do you have an equalizer for frequencies under 60hz? in particluar, 40ish hz..

drop it like 2-3dB and let us know if that fixes some of it..

but in actuality.. you need sound dampening material everywhere. the trunk, the trunk lid rear deck anywhere you see metal.

Im really not sure... But i know the knobs that your talking about and ill try that once im back in town on friday and let you guys know haha, but i think either way FOR SURE i need to put some dynamat on the bottom of my deck, near the brakelights, and on the trunk lid.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby System_Crash » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Easy fix on the license plate go to a local dealer and talk to a mechanic ask him if they have any spare foam pads with glue on them (they come on new cars attached to the doors to prevent door dings) alot of techs will save these to stick on lift posts so they don't hit the doors on them. Stick this behind the plate (will have to trim to fit) they are like 2" by 4" by 6" of solid or soft foam. Have this on my car and it works wonders.
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:28 pm

System_Crash wrote:Easy fix on the license plate go to a local dealer and talk to a mechanic ask him if they have any spare foam pads with glue on them (they come on new cars attached to the doors to prevent door dings) alot of techs will save these to stick on lift posts so they don't hit the doors on them. Stick this behind the plate (will have to trim to fit) they are like 2" by 4" by 6" of solid or soft foam. Have this on my car and it works wonders.

Its not my license plate thats rattling, ive got a special cover for that, its my brake lights and deck
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 am

the brake lights have 3 bolts around them that can be tightened and you can access them by pulling out the side carpet trim in the trunk. As for the rear deck, mine rattles still. I've added dynomat to the rear deck metal. I've also spray coated the plastic cover and basicly glued those snap clips in place. It appears as though the culprit as far as people sitting in the back is the tail light hitting the rear glass I think. So either i need to put some black foam around the 3rd brake light to keep it from hitting the glass, but i also think that the 3rd light is "loose" inside the plastic holder, so i want to tighten that up this comming weekend aswell.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:10 am

Under my rear deck I put some rolled up gauze (as in bandages), it helps but doesn't completely rid you of the rattle so foam may work better. But overall the back plastic deck inherently rattles on the stock JBL system with no subwoofer.

Speaking of inherent, putting that much vibration on a vehicle will loosen alot of things. (Think ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.) On my F-150 I had close to 2000 watts and two 8-inch tubes and I had to tighten alotta stuff in the supercab periodically. However, the more bass I hit the more frequent I had to tighten/replace crap over time. Sorry, but that's the price we pay for being a "bass head", wrkbrdr! :(
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby [SMAN] » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:48 pm

[SMAN] wrote:the brake lights have 3 bolts around them that can be tightened and you can access them by pulling out the side carpet trim in the trunk. As for the rear deck, mine rattles still. I've added dynomat to the rear deck metal. I've also spray coated the plastic cover and basicly glued those snap clips in place. It appears as though the culprit as far as people sitting in the back is the tail light hitting the rear glass I think. So either i need to put some black foam around the 3rd brake light to keep it from hitting the glass, but i also think that the 3rd light is "loose" inside the plastic holder, so i want to tighten that up this comming weekend aswell.

So it's not the third brake light. I added a good amount of e-dead to the back side of the rear deck and practicly glued the 3rd brake light in place. The rear deck plastic just isn't strong enough. It flexes under the shear pressure of my 6x9s. I thought maybe it was hitting the rear glass, so i put some black foam around it to seal it up, but it's not hitting so it didn't fix it. Part of the problem stems from the covers for the child seat hooks. Those 3 covers rattle like crazy. I've deadened them as much as i can without glueing them inplace. It's definatly a lot better than it used to be, but I think it will never be perfect without re-enforcing the rear deck with several coats of fiberglass or cement!
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:02 pm

[SMAN] wrote:
[SMAN] wrote:the brake lights have 3 bolts around them that can be tightened and you can access them by pulling out the side carpet trim in the trunk. As for the rear deck, mine rattles still. I've added dynomat to the rear deck metal. I've also spray coated the plastic cover and basicly glued those snap clips in place. It appears as though the culprit as far as people sitting in the back is the tail light hitting the rear glass I think. So either i need to put some black foam around the 3rd brake light to keep it from hitting the glass, but i also think that the 3rd light is "loose" inside the plastic holder, so i want to tighten that up this comming weekend aswell.

So it's not the third brake light. I added a good amount of e-dead to the back side of the rear deck and practicly glued the 3rd brake light in place. The rear deck plastic just isn't strong enough. It flexes under the shear pressure of my 6x9s. I thought maybe it was hitting the rear glass, so i put some black foam around it to seal it up, but it's not hitting so it didn't fix it. Part of the problem stems from the covers for the child seat hooks. Those 3 covers rattle like crazy. I've deadened them as much as i can without glueing them inplace. It's definatly a lot better than it used to be, but I think it will never be perfect without re-enforcing the rear deck with several coats of fiberglass or cement!

I would have never thought of those child seat hooks vibrating... ill never need them (hopefully the car will die before i ever would need that lol), is there a way to just take them out??
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
[SMAN] wrote:

I would have never thought of those child seat hooks vibrating... ill never need them (hopefully the car will die before i ever would need that lol), is there a way to just take them out??

It's not really the hooks (they are bolted in tight) so much as the covers. They are easy to pop out cause they are just plastic, but then you will have the shiny metal hooks reflecting in the rear window.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:24 pm

[SMAN] wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:
[SMAN] wrote:

It's not really the hooks (they are bolted in tight) so much as the covers. They are easy to pop out cause they are just plastic, but then you will have the shiny metal hooks reflecting in the rear window.

will a piece of foam, or electrical tape over the spot that it rests on take care of it?
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:30 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
[SMAN] wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:
[SMAN] wrote:

will a piece of foam, or electrical tape over the spot that it rests on take care of it?

No clue, but i doubt it. I added dynomat to that whole section and it didn't take out the vibration cause it's too flimsy a plastic.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5