[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Subwoofer vibrations
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Subwoofer vibrations

Subwoofer vibrations

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 am

So, im really starting to get annoyed by stuff in my car vibrating from my subwoofers, two things that are vibrating is my right brake light, and my rear "deck" (where the back speakers are, above the trunk.

any suggestions as to how to stop this?? I have my bass turned down cause its annoying hearing that stuff vibrating back there.

Heres how my subwoofers are set up if it helps:

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indy04 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 am

i have back deck vibration as well with mine. and does u mirror vibrate really loud as well because mine seems to do that and its so annoying.
indy04
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:47 am

indy04 wrote:i have back deck vibration as well with mine. and does u mirror vibrate really loud as well because mine seems to do that and its so annoying.

My mirror dosent vibrate loudly, but believe me that thing gets moving haha, the only time i can hear it is when I have my parking hanger (from school) up on it.

Heres a video of my stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJhyRUsU2jg
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:54 am

What if you went with a new setup that looks something like this?

I think that would leave you with more trunk space, and the thing is smaller too.

I think of it as this way, a vibrating box that is the size of a shoebox makes less of an impact than a vibrating box that is the size of a 40 gallon fish tank.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 am

^^^

that requires alot of custom work that i dont know how to do, and that i dont have the money to pay for.

and i LIKE a ton of bass, i want to actually add an additional 2 10's in the future, I really dont care about trunk space... I dont ever use my trunk except for my backpack if i have people in my car after school
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:22 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:^^^

that requires alot of custom work that i dont know how to do, and that i dont have the money to pay for.

and i LIKE a ton of bass, i want to actually add an additional 2 10's in the future, I really dont care about trunk space... I dont ever use my trunk except for my backpack if i have people in my car after school

How much do those subwoofers weight, the one that is in your trunk right now?

I found some stuff on dampening the vibration of the subs:

http://cascadeaudio.com/car_noise_contr ... nk_kit.htm

http://cascadeaudio.com/car_noise_control/vb_1x.htm
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:35 am

DriDed wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:^^^

How much do those subwoofers weight, the one that is in your trunk right now?

I found some stuff on dampening the vibration of the subs:

http://cascadeaudio.com/car_noise_contr ... nk_kit.htm

http://cascadeaudio.com/car_noise_control/vb_1x.htm

I have no idea how much it weighs, but all subwoofers are pretty heavy, and so are these.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Subwoofer vibrations

Postby GzNutz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:17 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:So, im really starting to get annoyed by stuff in my car vibrating from my subwoofers, two things that are vibrating is my right brake light, and my rear "deck" (where the back speakers are, above the trunk.

any suggestions as to how to stop this?? I have my bass turned down cause its annoying hearing that stuff vibrating back there.

Put sound deadening sheets on it such as dynamat, b-quiet, hushmat...
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:47 pm

GzNutz wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:So, im really starting to get annoyed by stuff in my car vibrating from my subwoofers, two things that are vibrating is my right brake light, and my rear "deck" (where the back speakers are, above the trunk.

On what?
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indy04 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:53 pm

thats weird because without my chool parking pass my mirror still rattles extremely loud and i dont know what it is doing it. but my back deck rattles as well
indy04
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:59 pm

^^^

Walk around your car while its going, and tell me if your brake lights vibrate too, mine does on the right only, im not sure how to tighten it though.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indy04 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 pm

i was going to until i realized someone egged my lara last night so i had to wash it and forgot but i will and let u know
indy04
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:48 pm

indy04 wrote:i was going to until i realized someone egged my lara last night so i had to wash it and forgot but i will and let u know

Sorry to hear that, i hope it didnt hurt your paint!!
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:25 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
GzNutz wrote:

On what?

Everything. Inside the trim so it doesn't look bad. [SMAN] had a DIY for sound dampening the entire car somewhere around here...
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby GzNutz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Taido wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:
GzNutz wrote:

On what?

Everything. Inside the trim so it doesn't look bad. [SMAN] had a DIY for sound dampening the entire car somewhere around here...

^Yup, put it on every metal surface under the carpet, and plastic trim pieces... esp the rear deck.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5