[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Subwoofer vibrations
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Subwoofer vibrations

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:54 am

So I was bored today, and decided to go analyze the back deck. I found that when I push down on the third brake light (brake light on top of deck) fairly hard than ALL vibrations coming from the deck go away. But i could still hear the vibrations from my right brake light.... which i haven't found the cure to yet.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby FLUXEMAG » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:34 pm

I had the same rear deck rattle from my subs...and you're right on the money with the third brake light. I stuffed a piece of fabric along the top side of the brake light wedged into the window and the sound is gone. To be more specific, I used a piece of adhesive velcrow, the soft side only, doubled it over so the adhesive stuck to itsself creating a 6 inch long strip of felt that was about 1/8" thick. Make sure whatever you do it fits snugly, because I had one strip fall back behind the light and I couldn't reach it. No big deal I just made another.
1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe, Rusty White
2005 Solara SE Sport V6, Lunar Mist
2010 G37 Coupe, Moonlight White
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:48 pm

FLUXEMAG wrote:I had the same rear deck rattle from my subs...and you're right on the money with the third brake light. I stuffed a piece of fabric along the top side of the brake light wedged into the window and the sound is gone. To be more specific, I used a piece of adhesive velcrow, the soft side only, doubled it over so the adhesive stuck to itsself creating a 6 inch long strip of felt that was about 1/8" thick. Make sure whatever you do it fits snugly, because I had one strip fall back behind the light and I couldn't reach it. No big deal I just made another.

thanks for the tip!!!

Im going to try to find a piece of black foam or something... dont want it to be noticeable

Anybody know how to get ride of the brake-light vibrations??
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Subwoofer vibrations

Postby teatman » Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Just joined this blog/board to discuss the rear deck rattle. I have a 2004 SLE coupe with a few 12's in the trunk, I have them turned as low as they'll go and still there was the incessant rattle. Tried the third brake light, the child seat latches, the c pillar covers, etc... all to no avail. Finally after nearly giving up I pulled down with just a little bit of pressure on the headliner where it meets the rear window and viola. Problem solved. Maybe it was just my particular car where this was the culprit but I rolled some elastic tape into a 1" roll and wedged it in there(invisible) and I haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps anyone who is experiencing the same situation I was.
teatman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Subwoofer vibrations

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:38 pm

I also found that there is confusion between hearing deck rattling and blown speakers for the Gen 2 JBL stock speakers. Replaced a friend's girlfriend's Gen 2 that sounded like deck rattling but was found to be two blown speakers. Mind you the cones weren't visually blown/cracked but something was definitely amiss and replaced her speakers with some Pioneers and now no more rattle. I'm afraid my door speaker is blown the same way, it sounds like rattle but is actually just ugly distortion. The JBL stock cones just seem turn to crap after after 2 years of bass-heavy use.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest
Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5