[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How to tell the difference between a JBL and non-JBL HU?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

How to tell the difference between a JBL and non-JBL HU?

How to tell the difference between a JBL and non-JBL HU?

Postby SoLarry » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:29 am

I did a search and couldn't find the answer, so forgive me if this has already been answered, but how can you tell the difference between the JBL and non-JBL head units? Is there any way of visually telling them apart? Or do they have different part #?

I'm looking to swap out my '04 standard unit with one from an '07, but I'm not sure if the '07 is a JBL or not. Also, does anyone know if the face plates are removable and interchangable? The '07 is from an SLE and has the woodgrain look faceplate, where as my SE has the metallic look faceplate.
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:43 pm

it says JBL on it lol
and no the faceplates would be very difficult to swap since they are not meant to come off the unit

also the jbl units have an external amp which u do not have.....so probably wont work in the first place
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SoLarry » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:13 am

Has anyone ever seen a Solara radio with ths faceplate? I thought they were all silver....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200415929447
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Black Bob » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 am

^^^Someone pasted a fake woodgrain over it, but yeah it's usually silver.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5