[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help - Stock HU won't turn on
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Help - Stock HU won't turn on

Help - Stock HU won't turn on

Postby YoungDonDraper » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Hey guys, I was screwing around with my stereo yesterday and now it won't turn on. Here's what happened:

I'm looking into buying a double din DVD deck, and I responded to a craigslist ad in my area. Before the guy came over, I took my head unit out and put on an aftermarket wiring harness so we could hook it up and I could confirm it was working.

The guy insisted on hooking up the wiring harness because he was worried about blowing his stereo. It turned out his deck was a POS, so I told him I didn't want it and he left. I plugged my stock HU back in, and low and behold it won't turn on.

By that time it was getting dark, so I gave up for the day. On my lunch break I just went out there and poked around with my test light, and it looks like my ground and Acc power work, but my constant does not.

Is it a blown fuse? I just got this car, so I haven't even looked for the fuse box yet. Any idea where it is and what fuse this would be?

Any help would be much appreciated.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 pm

what year solara do you have? usually the fuses are under the hood somwhere, gen 2 is on drivers side, idk about gen 1
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby YoungDonDraper » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I have a 2006 SE. Haven't had a chance to look yet, I'll look in the manual I suppose. God I hope it's a fuse...
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5