[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen2 Parking Brake Wire Location
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Gen2 Parking Brake Wire Location

Gen2 Parking Brake Wire Location

Postby YoungDonDraper » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:33 am

I'm installing my DVD/Nav system piece by piece as I have free time, and I can't seem to find the location of the parking wire anywhere that allows the video to be enabled. Anyone know off hand or know where I can find a pic? I'm hoping to do this at lunch, so let me know. Thanks.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:31 am

i just grounded mine.....lol
there should be some bolts on the floor u can just tap it on to
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby YoungDonDraper » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Wow that was easy - I should look before I ask next time. There was one wire running from a harness stuck into the parking brake - duh.

The HU I purchased has a little smarter video detection system than most, so grounding the wire doesn't work. They sell bypasses made specifically for the new Clarion HU's on eBay, but they're like $40 and that just seems crazy. I purchased the PAC TR7 on Amazon for a little less than $20, and from what I've read it should do the job even though it's built for Alpines. Hopefully it shows up by this weekend so I have some time to screw around and get it working. Right now I'm just getting the stereo in and working, then this weekend I'm going to take the time to clean everything up and put the accessories in.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby philosophicaljt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:16 pm

^^Actually, just search youtube for the model of the head unit, and I bet a bypass video pops up.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5