[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Any iPod mounts other than ProClip?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Any iPod mounts other than ProClip?

Any iPod mounts other than ProClip?

Postby YoungDonDraper » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:07 am

Hey all, I'm looking for a built-in mount for my iPhone, but the only brand I can find online is ProClip and they're $30. It seems crazy to pay that much for a tiny piece of metal, so I'm hoping someone on here knows another company that sells mounts at a more reasonable price.

I have a holster to bolt in, so it's alright if the mount is sold separately.

Thanks in advance.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 pm

could try bracketron.

http://www.bracketron.com/
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby t3chnique » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 pm

I actually have a black generic one that clips onto the air vents. It works well I just don't use it anymore. It can pivot landscape or portrait modes as well. PM me if interested.
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby YoungDonDraper » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:51 am

So far I've found ProClip, Panavise, and Pro.Fit. Bracketron doesn't make anything for the Solara (at least not on their site).

I don't want my phone mounted at the height of my stereo, that's right in the middle of everything and I couldn't run a wire without it looking somewhat tacky. Pro.Fit and Panavise seem only to have options for clipping to the stereo, ProClip has that and also an option that clips to the side of the cubby.

The only problem is that the cobby mount is freaking $30 + $9 S&H from their site, and I can't find any resellers online. $40 for a tiny piece of metal that clips on (it doesn't even fasten to anything), and more if I want a holder. I have a holder from my last car that I can use, but that price is insane.

Anyone know of a cheaper place to get a hold of one of these? The part number is ProClip 853321.

As for the vent clip, I appreciate the offer but I'd like one that is more integrated. I currently have a double din DVD installed and my ipod wired in and coming through a hole I dremeled into the bottom of the cubby under the rubber mat. With the mount on the side, I could run the wire out from under the console and right up there and it would look very clean.

What a crazy amount of hassle for a tiny little mount. Ugh.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5