[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Would this fit?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Would this fit?

Would this fit?

Postby Maniax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:39 pm

http://www.ugotadeal.com/product_info.p ... ef=froogle

Do you guys think this would fit nicely in my 04 lara?

BV9555 MOTORIZED 2-DIN 7" DVD/MP3/CD AM/FM RECEIVER/USB/AUX INPUT

Maniax
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kenny6683 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:56 pm

this should fit perfectly with no problem
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Maniax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Would i need to get a dash kit?
Maniax
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Maniax wrote:Would i need to get a dash kit?

I dont know of a head unit that dosent require one (at least for solara)
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Maniax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
Maniax wrote:Would i need to get a dash kit?

I dont know of a head unit that dosent require one (at least for solara)

Sorry..newb at this..only thing i have done is just hooked up my subs to my stock system.
Maniax
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:30 pm

If you dont really know what your doing, I advise you to order what you want through crutchfield.com they help you out a TON, have amazing customer service, and by entering your vehicle data they know what fits in the car, and they will send you everything you need including instructions to get it installed.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Maniax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Ill look into them.I have taken out my dash and everything and done a few other things.And changed out radios on my friends cars.
Maniax
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby inphluence » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm

I have used Crutchfield many times for friends and myself just because they include everything with your purchase. You can find the radios by themselves cheap elsewhere, but you will then have to purchase other stuff along with it like the dash kits and harnesses. With Crutchfield, they include all the goodies for a great install. Also, if you dont like the product, they have a hassle free return policy which I have used many times.

The dash kit for the Solara provided comes in either black or silver. I chose silver to keep some scheme going, but the color did not perfectly match as the rest of the silver in the car is a bit aged so that is just a little bit of info you should know about.
2005 Toyota Solara SE 2.4L 5-speed
inphluence
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 am

inphluence wrote:I have used Crutchfield many times for friends and myself just because they include everything with your purchase. You can find the radios by themselves cheap elsewhere, but you will then have to purchase other stuff along with it like the dash kits and harnesses. With Crutchfield, they include all the goodies for a great install. Also, if you dont like the product, they have a hassle free return policy which I have used many times.

The dash kit for the Solara provided comes in either black or silver. I chose silver to keep some scheme going, but the color did not perfectly match as the rest of the silver in the car is a bit aged so that is just a little bit of info you should know about.

no, i think the only trim piece that is the same color is the oem ones
all the other aftermarket silver trim pieces are off in color, so its not the fading
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby inphluence » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 am

kingkakyle wrote:
inphluence wrote:I have used Crutchfield many times for friends and myself just because they include everything with your purchase. You can find the radios by themselves cheap elsewhere, but you will then have to purchase other stuff along with it like the dash kits and harnesses. With Crutchfield, they include all the goodies for a great install. Also, if you dont like the product, they have a hassle free return policy which I have used many times.

no, i think the only trim piece that is the same color is the oem ones
all the other aftermarket silver trim pieces are off in color, so its not the fading

I see what you are saying. The color of the trim kit did match other parts of the interior that did not get as much sunlight or human contact so it is possible that the color is extremely close, but when comparing it to the AC console below it, there is a slight difference. The good thing is it is not a huge contrast as if it was gunmetal vs silver.
inphluence
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 pm

^^^ ic
then they must have fixed the color a bit
thats good to know :sweet:
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby inphluence » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:49 pm

I hope they did. I would recommend the black though just to be safe. I wish I did go black as I notice the difference, but that is only because I know it. No one else notices it though. Haha.
inphluence
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby folch52 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 pm

you could try best buy too and look up the sizes.
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby philosophicaljt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:48 am

It will fit, but I wouldn't buy it. Boss sucks. I carry them at work. I get them from the same distributor that sells Pyle, Pyramid, Jensen, Etc....Sucky stuff.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:05 pm

philosophicaljt wrote:It will fit, but I wouldn't buy it. Boss sucks. I carry them at work. I get them from the same distributor that sells Pyle, Pyramid, Jensen, Etc....Sucky stuff.

I had their powered subs in the Solara beneath the seats, now in my tC behind the front seats (won't fit under them, too thick). They sound great for the price I paid (just under $100 each). So maybe some of their stuff sucks.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5