[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 12V (Switched) Power Source
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

12V (Switched) Power Source

12V (Switched) Power Source

Postby tb1846 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Hey guys, did quite a few searches for this but just not sure if I have the answer. Hopefully, you can all clear things up for me.
I have had this product to connect a Zune to my basic factory radio thus, am looking to install a Soundgate TOYZ4N to an 06 Solara. The instructions tell me to connect the power wire to a 12V (switched) power source. Can anyone tell me which wire is the correct one?
Also I think it would be more convienent for me to instead connect the wire to the electric socket in the compartment beneath the a/c:heater controls. Is this connection possible? and if so which of the two (2) wires is the correct one to connect to?

I am looking to do this as soon as possible...
Thanks
tb1846
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BadAngel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 am

Your cigarette lighter is a switched 12v power source, meaning that it doesn't get power when the car is off, so it will not drain your battery. There are a few ways to go about doing this. You can find out which wire in the radio harness is the switched 12 volt power (it has one as well... I'm not sure as to the color combination of the wire, I know there are wiring diagrams floating around so someone should be able to answer this) and splice into that, or you can simply splice into the wires powering the cigarette lighter. (For the cigarette lighter, the wire connected to the MIDDLE of the cigarette lighter is the power or +12 volt, while the wire connected to the outer ring of the cigarette lighter is the ground).
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re:

Postby tb1846 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:18 pm

There is no wire going straight to middle...the wires are connected to a L Shaped connector, wires go into the ends.
The pink is power and the yellow or white with the black stripe was the ground. Thanks.
Unfortunately, i received a defective unit so no sound but zune is getting powered...lol
tb1846
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5