[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Speakers that will fit?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Speakers that will fit?

Speakers that will fit?

Postby inphluence » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:49 pm

What speakers (brand & model #s) are guaranteed to fit in our Solara Gen 2 (Non JBL)? I do see mention of speaker sizes, but I would hate to buy some speakers and find out they do not fit. Is there any list available that we can check? I usually check Crutchfield as a starting point, but they didn't research our Solara.
2005 Toyota Solara SE 2.4L 5-speed
inphluence
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Crutchfield did research the Gen 2 Solara, choose the "Outfit My Car" link on the webpage, but this time choose the "JBL w/o Nav" option and you'll see they'll give you choices for REAR speakers from 5.25s to 6x9s. But if you looking for 6x9 DOOR speakers I think we're crap outta luck as far as Crutchfield goes. They pigeon-hole you into getting a 5.25 speaker because they don't sell any shallow-depth 6x9's. Also, for the rear deck you have to drill new holes for the 6x9s they do offer. Crutchfield does offer door adapters if you go a size smaller. That being said, I do remember some members fitting aftermarket 6x9s into the doors but my memory fails me on who did it, what brand was it and which thread was it.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby inphluence » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks for the tip. The front is what I am really worried about due to what you mentioned, the shallow depth. If I have to use adapters for smaller speakers, I guess I will just have to invest in some better quality fronts so I can get some decent bass until I decide to put a system in. I always had systems in my previous cars, but it is hard to find the time now-a-days to dedicate to a simple project like that.

I have to admit tho, I was surprised at how good these paper stock speakers sound after I changed the deck. I never used stock speakers with an aftermarket deck before because I always did a complete audio upgrade.

As for the rears, I will drill away and get some nice 6x9s back there!
2005 Toyota Solara SE 2.4L 5-speed
inphluence
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby folch52 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:09 am

check on bestbuy.com or crutchfield
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5