[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - VSS and Reverse leads? 2004 Solara Convertible
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

VSS and Reverse leads? 2004 Solara Convertible

VSS and Reverse leads? 2004 Solara Convertible

Postby ETMegabyte » Mon May 10, 2010 3:23 am

I have a 2004 Solara SLE Convertible, which I recently installed an Eclipse AVN52d in, but it requires a hookup to the VSS wire and the reverse circuit. I read somewhere that they're both together in a fairly easily accessible harness, but I can't remember where that harness is, and I can't find where I read that...

Does anyone know where these wires are?

Please help.

Thanks
ETMegabyte
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Mon May 10, 2010 10:56 am

they are kind of everywhere lol
i think i did mine behind the glove box
vss is purple if i remember correctly
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon May 10, 2010 12:10 pm

no idea. but welcome to sg and post pics!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby corlon » Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 pm

reverse light - red/blk behind glovebox

vss - Violet/White at the clock in the dash or at the ECM plug e 5 pin#17
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ETMegabyte » Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking around for awhile, but never had a reason to post... Started reading things about a year ago when I got my Camry, and read even more when I bought my Solara a month ago...

There are quite a few pics of my install on another forum, since I had a question that I ended up answering myself, and ended up using that thread as a sorta howto for an '04 solara JBL install...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showt ... p?t=339046

Anywho, I figured this question out myself. This stereo came out of my 2000 Camry (since a friend of mine wrecked it - bad day), and in that the VSS wire was in the clock harness... Since humans in general are creatures of habit, and this was another Toyota, I took a shot in the dark, and found a vss wire in the clock harness (right above the radio - how convenient!) w00t!
ETMegabyte
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ETMegabyte » Mon May 10, 2010 8:18 pm

corlon wrote:reverse light - red/blk behind glovebox

vss - Violet/White at the clock in the dash or at the ECM plug e 5 pin#17

Do you happen to know where behind the glovebox the reverse wire is? There's about half-a-million wires back there, and though I don't have it apart right at the moment, I do have a few pics and don't readily see it...

I do see a hint of a red wire in a small harness that goes horizontally just below the cabin air filter, but I can't tell if it has a black stripe. From my pics, I don't readily see a red/black wire back there...

The reverse wire hookup, and the running of the RCA back for the backup camera are all that's left of this stereo install (until I get around to upgrading the speakers and replacing the stock sub)...
ETMegabyte
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Mon May 10, 2010 8:45 pm

easiest to get in drivers kick panel. white plug. red/blk on one end of plug. there is a green/wht and a brown/wht right under the wire.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5