[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - wire thickness question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

wire thickness question

wire thickness question

Postby BadAngel » Sun May 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey, I'm currently running a 4 AWG wire from my battery to my trunk, and its powering my Alpine MRD M605 (600 watts rms 900 MAX) amp. I was wondering if it would be an issue for me to run two ADS PQ 10 amps off of this as well (2 channels @90 watts each for each amplifier).
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: wire thickness question

Postby MisterTedster » Sun May 30, 2010 9:52 pm

You should be fine with 4 awg. I personally have 1/0 awg in my car, not because I "need" it per say, but having larger wire cuts down the resistance that the current has to travel.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Mon May 31, 2010 9:28 am

not to beat a dead horse... but

did you decide on a subwoofer? and if you can, go bigger wire gauge.

you may want to upgrade later and wont have to run new wire.
( personal experience)
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 am

I'm probably getting the JL audio 10w6v2... listening to one tomorro

As far as the wire goes, I have 10 awg wire that i can run from the battery seperate for the two ADS amps, but 4 awg is fine id rather not run more wires...
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:36 am

I second the 4awg. You will be good.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider