[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hidden Subwoofer enclosure for solara convertible?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Hidden Subwoofer enclosure for solara convertible?

Hidden Subwoofer enclosure for solara convertible?

Postby gmendonc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:29 am

Anyone know of a place I can find a hidden subwoofer enclosure for a 2006 Solara convertible? The car came with the JBL system with Navigation but I swapped the Navigation head unit with a Dual XHD7714 HD Radio with built in bluetooth(Nav head unit had no aux input for my mp3 player). I kept the JBL amp but had to use the PAC TATO to interface with the aftermarket head unit. I'm pretty happy with the sound but I'd like to add a subwoofer for more bass but I don't want to put a bulky enclosure to take up all my trunk space. Any help would be appreciated.
2006 Red Solara Convertible
Alpine CDE-HD149BT HD Radio/CD Receiver
Polk Audio db840DVC 8" Sub
Clarion SRG6932R 6x9's
Infinity Reference 5350a 5 channel amp
Kicker KS600 6x5's
gmendonc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Hidden Subwoofer enclosure for solara convertible?

Postby petemos » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Your car has a subwoofer, it is behind the rear seat back coushine. It is a fiberglass odd shapped box with an 8" driver in it.
petemos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gmendonc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 am

Oh wow, that's a nice surprise! After doing some research I see that the pac tato doesn't have connections for subwoofer. Any ideas how I can connect my new HU to the existing subwoofer?? Is there an adapter I can buy?
Clarion SRG6932R 6x9's
Kicker KS600 6x5's
gmendonc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gmendonc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 am

Oh wow that's awesome! So now my question is how do I connect the existing subwoofer to my new HU? The pac tato interface that I installed with the HU doesn't have any connectors for the subwoofer. So can I connect the HU to the JBL amp subwoofer connectors or do I need to run wires from the HU directly to the sub?
Clarion SRG6932R 6x9's
Kicker KS600 6x5's
gmendonc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby petemos » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:18 pm

If your using the PAC Tato then you are also still using the JBL Amp. The AMP drives the sub woofer from the normal front/rear inputs. The PAC unit takes these RCA inputs from your head unit and supplies them to the AMP, the AMP then drives the sub. If you crank it up and sit int he back passenger seat, you should feel the bass against your back...at least my daughter says she does.
petemos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby petemos » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:18 pm

I posted additional info on the sub woofer here..

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=49669&p=584021#p584021
petemos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5