[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Battery Change and NAV/DVD Radio
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Battery Change and NAV/DVD Radio

Battery Change and NAV/DVD Radio

Postby SoLaMaMa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:26 pm

I took my car to the dealer today to have a new battery installed. After this, my (factory) radio/nav dvd system would not work. The mechanic(s) could not figure out the problem. They are going to investigate and call me on Monday (today is Thurs and they are closed for the holiday on Friday).
I specifically took the car to the dealer as I fugured they would know the specifics of changing the battery while protecting the electronics...
Has anyone has an issue like mine. I am pretty upset about it.
My car is a 2004 SLE V6 loaded with every factory option. I have less than 85k miles, and have pretty much pampered this car since I bought in new.

I will appreicate any feedback. Thanks.
'04 SLE V6, Diamond Pearl, DVDNAV, XM Radio
SoLaMaMa
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Battery Change and NAV/DVD Radio

Postby SoLaMaMa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Got things straightened out today.

The service dept called Denso about the problem, and were told that I had a disc problem. Back in March of 2010, I updated the NAV/DVD with discs I purchased from a Toyota dealer. Apparently, the system needed the original disc in order to reboot and reload properly. Glad I had the original disc from 2003. The system read the old disc (kind of slowly...) and things looked normal. After a few moments, we ejected the 2003 disc and inserted the 2010 disc. Everything worked, all systems are functioning like new. Thought I would share this information as it might be helpful to someone. Happy New Year.
'04 SLE V6, Diamond Pearl, DVDNAV, XM Radio
SoLaMaMa
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Battery Change and NAV/DVD Radio

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:51 pm

don't have the nav but thanks for the info. I'm sure someone would be able to use it
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5