[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - best place to run amp power cable
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

best place to run amp power cable

best place to run amp power cable

Postby gmendonc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:21 pm

It seems a lot of people have installed amps in their cars in this forum so I thought I would go by other peoples experience rather than try to reinvent the wheel. I'm getting ready to install a 5 channel amp that will either go in place of the existing JBL amp behind the glove box or behind the back seat. So my question is what is the best place to run the 4 gauge power cable? I'd rather use an existing hole and not go drilling any new ones in the firewall if possible. Any help would be appreciated.
2006 Red Solara Convertible
Alpine CDE-HD149BT HD Radio/CD Receiver
Polk Audio db840DVC 8" Sub
Clarion SRG6932R 6x9's
Infinity Reference 5350a 5 channel amp
Kicker KS600 6x5's
gmendonc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: best place to run amp power cable

Postby Toy1mzfe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm

When i installed mine to the trunk, I ran mine through the passenger side. on the side of the door sill under the carpet. Then behind the backseat arm rest panel to the rear.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5