[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Single DIN Radio Install - 2006 Solara SE
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Single DIN Radio Install - 2006 Solara SE

Single DIN Radio Install - 2006 Solara SE

Postby J-Speed Inc. » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:26 pm

I am in the process of trying to install a single DIN Alpine radio into my 2006 Solara SE. I purchased a Metra 98-8212S installation kit from eBay and have been experiencing nothing but problems with it.

First of all, the instructions are TERRIBLE. If this was my first radio install, I would have been completely lost, however, I've installed aftermarket radios in the past.

After putting the Metra kit together, I determined that the climate controls didn't line up with the bottom of the installation kit and the radius on the bottom of the install kit was not the same as the top of the climate controls. About the only thing Metra got right with this kit is color-matching the silver to the dashboard, too bad nothing else fits.

What have you single-DIN guys used for installation kits? I'm running out of ideas with this Metra kit, it's already taken 4 hours to get this radio installed and the end-result is it doesn't fit.

HELP HELP HELP!
J-Speed Inc.
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Single DIN Radio Install - 2006 Solara SE

Postby Aotoyota » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 am

I tried the metra kit a long long time ago and thought the same.

the silver paint is difficult to match, personally you might consider

http://www.aius.net/proddetails.asp?ID=441

I have this right now but in a double din config and love it, its not silver
but I can live with that.

check this out too

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51666

this was my recent reviews of both metra style and the kit by ai..

hope this helps
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5