[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2005 convertible Jbl no midrange
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

2005 convertible Jbl no midrange

2005 convertible Jbl no midrange

Postby zomble » Sun May 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Bought car a year ago and used to think it sounded great. Now when we listen to radio or cd it sounds boom hissy. There is sound coming out of the all the speakers. The door speakers sound very muted and really thin. The front speakers are overpowering the door speakers. Is this an issue with the amplifier. I gather the amp is behind the glove bos. Is it easy to replace. Lastly , has anybody hooked up their satellite radio to the sat button. Was looking at TSS radio harness.
zomble
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2005 convertible Jbl no midrange

Postby SteveSolara » Fri May 25, 2012 12:28 am

The speakers, might have been blown. Have you taken a look at it?
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby zomble » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:10 am

I have the same issue, was it the amp or the speakers (blown speakers don't usually produce muted music)
zomble
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby zomble » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Does anybody know if replacing the JBL amp has to have the exact serial number or can you use a similar amp from another model. The serial number on my amp is 86280 06050 but I can not locate one on internet.
zomble
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I believe you can youse another amp just as long as its the same wattage and channel.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5