[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Removing yellow reflector from Gen 2 Solara
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Removing yellow reflector from Gen 2 Solara

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:37 pm

Do you still have to remove the front bumper in order to clear the headlights or has anyone found a better way?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:14 pm

dvdchris45 wrote:Do you still have to remove the front bumper in order to clear the headlights or has anyone found a better way?

When you find it.... :-? ....Let me know....muaahahahahahahahaa :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 04SolaraGirlie » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:11 pm

can you see the silicone sealant? it's hard to tell from your pics, I'm a little worried about maybe puttin too much or not enough sealant to close it up and that it might look cheesy... Yours look really nice and it's really hard to tell they've been tampered with... Any problems with leaks or condensation on the inside of the lights yet? And any pics of you sealing the actual headlights?
2004 Toyota Solara SE, 4 banger 5 speed. Bought on 3-24-2005.
04SolaraGirlie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:12 am

04SolaraGirlie wrote:can you see the silicone sealant? it's hard to tell from your pics, I'm a little worried about maybe puttin too much or not enough sealant to close it up and that it might look cheesy... Yours look really nice and it's really hard to tell they've been tampered with... Any problems with leaks or condensation on the inside of the lights yet? And any pics of you sealing the actual headlights?

There was some condensation on the driver side headlight in the beginning, but that was because I did not put enough silicone on it.

It's fine now. :D I'll try to remember to take pics with hood open so you can see the headlight.

Give it a shot and the tutorial should help tremendously...I hope :wink:

-M 8)
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ndoyank » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:24 pm

I'm a bonehead.... I actually had my light retrofitted, but I forgot to have the person take out my yellow reflectors. Now i'm afriad to do it myself cause I don't want condensation issues.

Mike is there a specific type of silicone you used?

Thanks
18' volks, TRD RSB, TRD FSTB, TRD springs, HID retrofit. Micheal T's Grille ..... Silver ICE
ndoyank
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:26 am

ndoyank wrote:I'm a bonehead.... I actually had my light retrofitted, but I forgot to have the person take out my yellow reflectors. Now i'm afriad to do it myself cause I don't want condensation issues.

Mike is there a specific type of silicone you used?

Thanks

Any clear silicone would be fine. I'll see what brand I've got and will let you know once I find it...lolz.

I'm sure you'll do a good job, but should you running into any problems. let me know and I'll try to see if I can offer my assistance.

-M 8)
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 04SolaraGirlie » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:17 pm

I'm working up the courage to do this, but I'm a little afraid still, it's like playing with fire LOLz you know you're gonna get burned... Is this easy for the average schmo to do you, or do you have to be pretty mechanically inclined, I installed the grille myself is it alot harder than that? What did you use to keep the headlight open? Can you use like a butter knife or something and slide it between the lense and the gasket instead of prying with your fingers? Where exactly does the silicone get applied, is it right along the gasket? Any close up pics yet of what the silicone looks like after drying etc?
2004 Toyota Solara SE, 4 banger 5 speed. Bought on 3-24-2005.
04SolaraGirlie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:50 pm

04SolaraGirlie wrote:I'm working up the courage to do this, but I'm a little afraid still, it's like playing with fire LOLz you know you're gonna get burned... Is this easy for the average schmo to do you, or do you have to be pretty mechanically inclined, I installed the grille myself is it alot harder than that? What did you use to keep the headlight open? Can you use like a butter knife or something and slide it between the lense and the gasket instead of prying with your fingers? Where exactly does the silicone get applied, is it right along the gasket? Any close up pics yet of what the silicone looks like after drying etc?

Have you worked up the courage to do this yet? Just follow the tutorial. :wink:

-M 8)
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5