[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing an Injen Intake in a Gen2 V-6 (+ video)
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Installing an Injen Intake in a Gen2 V-6 (+ video)

Postby Down2TheC » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:04 am

Astro wrote:Man, someone should call Paul Ho @ Injen and see if he'll do a GB or something for y'all. He probably doesn't even now that this is going on.

My guess is he very much does. 8) (Hi Paul!)
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Injen short ram

Postby husker1223 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:42 am

I have a V6 2005. You mentioned Injen Part # IS2032(P) and said to ignore the listings that say 2003 Camry but don't list 2004 Solara. Injen can't list 2004 due to CARB issues with the OE carbon filter. Is that the case with the 2005? Stan
husker1223
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Injen short ram

Postby Astro » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:22 am

husker1223 wrote:I have a V6 2005. You mentioned Injen Part # IS2032(P) and said to ignore the listings that say 2003 Camry but don't list 2004 Solara. Injen can't list 2004 due to CARB issues with the OE carbon filter. Is that the case with the 2005? Stan

They'll use the same part for the '05, so yes that is the case.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

(.WAV File) V-6 Solara with TRD Exhaust and Injen Intake

Postby PhreakdOut » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:23 pm

http://rapidshare.de/files/6988461/Solara.wav.html

This is a crude file. It was a windy day.

Sound recorded at a 45° angle and 0.5m from the center of the tailpipe. Original file done with a DVR camera. This recording is taped off speakers. I will transfer the DVR to an .AVI file eventually.

(1st 30 seconds) Standard subjective test.
- Slow engine sweep through RPM range.
- Free kick to redline

(Rest of file)
- Taken from inside the vehicle. (Ear level center of cabin.)

Again, I'm embarrassed with this file. I'll work on a better version soon.

The main point is I'm giving a flavor for the acoustics of a V-6 Solara with TRD exhaust and Injen Intake.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby dvdchris45 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:34 pm

excellent job phreak! I'm been dying to hear the injen intake + trd exhaust. Its hard keeping my checkbook closed after listening to the glory of this....some day..
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:16 pm

intersting...the intake location seems the same as the 2GR engine... i'm wondering...lol
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Video of V-6 Solara with TRD Exhaust and Injen Intake

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:52 am

I finally got around to posting up the video of the exhaust. Again, sorry this is so crude. Just for snicks, I included the interior sound of the exhaust and Injen intake at wide open throttle. (With windows up) Like a dumba$$, I almost hit a truck while merging. Click on the picture to see the video and hear the exhaust & intake. This summer I'll take better vids.

ImageClick here to see Video
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:35 pm

Almost hit a truck huh Brian...that must explain why the camera sudden drops inside the car LOL. I'm sooo getting the Injen once I get my taxes done!
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:41 pm

dvdchris45 wrote:Almost hit a truck huh Brian...that must explain why the camera sudden drops inside the car LOL. I'm sooo getting the Injen once I get my taxes done!

go cp-e =P
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby grsteven » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:23 pm

I have a 2005 V6 Solara. My son installed an Injen intake while I was out of town for my birthday. He threw away the install instructions. Everything looks OK except a small tube about 1" on the right hand side. Nothing is hooked up to it. Is this right? I looked at your install but didn't see it. Thanks,

Grant
grsteven
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PhreakdOut » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:26 pm

grsteven wrote:I have a 2005 V6 Solara. My son installed an Injen intake while I was out of town for my birthday. He threw away the install instructions. Everything looks OK except a small tube about 1" on the right hand side. Nothing is hooked up to it. Is this right? I looked at your install but didn't see it. Thanks,

Grant

There should have been a black rubber cap to plug this. This tube is not used on our car. (I have no idea why it's there.)

One thing to check, the vacuum tubes on the engine side of the intake were plugged with weld on my intake. Make sure these are opened up. Just use a fine drill bit to boar through the welded end.

PM me if you have any problems.

EDIT: Here, you can see the tube plugged. Don't try to run with this open or the MAF reading will be screwed up. Remember to unhook the battery while doing this so it relearns the MAF. (This was Injen's instruction and it seemed to work. No CEL)

-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby KansasSolara » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:32 pm

Thanks for the tutorial Phreak. I just installed mine last night and the tutorial was a big help; way better than the b/w instructions that came with it.
It sounds awesome and it makes the tires squeal at launch and when shifting to 2nd gear...double the pleasure. :D :D
KansasSolara
2006 SLE V6
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2178340
KansasSolara
CowTown Solara Driver
CowTown Solara Driver

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5