[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Post your Gen 2 DIY Requests Here
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Post your Gen 2 DIY Requests Here

Postby lilm » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:01 pm

the clear plastic.....pry it off with a screwdriver
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
User avatar
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:40 am
Location: SoCal

Postby LostSoul » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:05 pm

lilm wrote:the clear plastic.....pry it off with a screwdriver

on what side?
User avatar
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: NoHo,818

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:36 pm

LostSoul wrote:
lilm wrote:the clear plastic.....pry it off with a screwdriver

on what side?

doesn't matter
i pulled mine of the the outersides
the rounded sides....
just pull hard u think ur gonna break it but it wont break
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:59 am
Location: SoCal

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:51 am

Solvert18 wrote:Can anyone do a mod to make the top convertiblelize automatically and not having to leave the button pressed?


Mike (Down2theC) was GOING to work on a new circuit for these controls (and windows) a couple summers ago but ever since he got his damn espresso machine, he gave up on that project! :evil:

Guess we'll have to find someone else to beg to figure that one out...
:drinking:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
Image
User avatar
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Ojai, CA

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:52 am

MCOjerry wrote:Convertiblize! LOL

Try searching through the tutorial section (this section) for posts from Down2theC... he has removed the speed limiter, and I thought he did one touch, but can't remember.

He'd be the one to have done it though...


Still haven't done the one-touch yet. I have the gear to get it done, and I wrote the code, but I need to spend some hours messing with wires and whatnot.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
User avatar
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Chicago area

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Down2TheC wrote:
MCOjerry wrote:Convertiblize! LOL

Try searching through the tutorial section (this section) for posts from Down2theC... he has removed the speed limiter, and I thought he did one touch, but can't remember.

He'd be the one to have done it though...


Still haven't done the one-touch yet. I have the gear to get it done, and I wrote the code, but I need to spend some hours messing with wires and whatnot.

THEN GET BUSY MESSIN' MAN!! :D :up: :bday: :drinking:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
Image
User avatar
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:31 pm
Location: Ojai, CA

Postby LostSoul » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:49 am

how would it be easier to install hid on fogs removing the front bumper or just removing the wheel wells i think thats what its called help guys???
User avatar
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: NoHo,818

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

LostSoul wrote:how would it be easier to install hid on fogs removing the front bumper or just removing the wheel wells i think thats what its called help guys???


i think u can do it without removing anything (except battery)
ive changed my fog bulbs without removing anything
and im assuming ur gonna be putting ur ballast next to ur headlight ones
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:59 am
Location: SoCal

Postby [SMAN] » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:18 pm

Easiest way to get at your fogs is to undo the scres under the front bumper and remove the platic panels that go under the engine, you'll be right there next to the fogs, and these things come out really easy.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
Image
User avatar
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:11 am
Location: Mass

Postby LostSoul » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:26 pm

[SMAN] wrote:Easiest way to get at your fogs is to undo the scres under the front bumper and remove the platic panels that go under the engine, you'll be right there next to the fogs, and these things come out really easy.


so im gonna need to jack it up a bit huh sound easier thanks guys
User avatar
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: NoHo,818

Postby LostSoul » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:57 pm

is there a way to get the passenger window to do the auto roll up/down same as the driver window?
User avatar
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: NoHo,818

Postby Taido » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:26 am

The button set-up is twice as wide so getting it from a salvaged Solara may not work. tCs have auto windows on both sides so maybe you can get parts from them and make it work.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
User avatar
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: Ogden, UT

Postby pooorboi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:58 am

request a diy to take out the headlights.
I just bought new headlights but dont know how to replace them.
I took out all the screws on top, but when i try to pull it out, it feels like it's still caught.
pooorboi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:20 pm

pooorboi wrote:request a diy to take out the headlights.
I just bought new headlights but dont know how to replace them.
I took out all the screws on top, but when i try to pull it out, it feels like it's still caught.


You have to pull the bumper off to expose one screw on the bottom side of the headlight that needs to be removed. To pull the bumper take out the screws on the top then the two screws in each wheel well, then the rest of the screws along the bottom.
User avatar
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:36 pm
Location: Land of Beer

Postby pooorboi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:28 pm

GzNutz wrote:You have to pull the bumper off to expose one screw on the bottom side of the headlight that needs to be removed. To pull the bumper take out the screws on the top then the two screws in each wheel well, then the rest of the screws along the bottom.


=( can you get to the screw through the wheel well? or is it towards the middle of the car?

im feeling like i should have researched this before i bought the headlights, looks like a lot more work than i thought......
pooorboi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 pm
PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests