[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Post your Gen 2 DIY Requests Here
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Post your Gen 2 DIY Requests Here

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:38 pm

Not really a DIY - but I just removed the wheel and masked everything really well and used a spray can (Brake Caliper Paint of course) - so I didn't remove them first - too lazy! ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby jjjsong » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum (Hi!), I just recently got a set of g35 rims! and I'm wondering about the fender trimming process.

I heard that people just use a baseball bat to 'stick' up the inner fenders... but it sounds not so good...

Thanks in advance for any help!
jjjsong
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby RDKamikaze » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:04 am

Could I get a tutorial for how to install an auxiliary adapter for the factory head unit? I think it installs on a plug on the back of the stereo, but I'm not sure now after looking at the CD manual.

Also, how do I get back to the stereo? Explaining that in the tut would help, too! Thanks a lot!
RDKamikaze
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

jjjsong wrote:Hi,

I'm new to this forum (Hi!), I just recently got a set of g35 rims! and I'm wondering about the fender trimming process.

I heard that people just use a baseball bat to 'stick' up the inner fenders... but it sounds not so good...

Hi - go post an intro of yourself in the Introductions forum. :up: ;)

There are two basic ways to get this done... one's much scarier to do than the other.

1) Pay someone to "Roll" your fenders. Only the back ones need to be done on the Gen 2.

2) Use a cutting tool to "trim" your fenders like I did, but you gotta have a steady hand or you'll destroy your fenders! (very expensive mistake if you slip at all!) I've had some previous metalworking experience so I took it on, but wouldn't recommend just anyone doing this themselves.

Your best bet is to have them professionally rolled. ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:48 pm

PXLpainter wrote:
jjjsong wrote:Hi,

Hi - go post an intro of yourself in the Introductions forum. :up: ;)

There are two basic ways to get this done... one's much scarier to do than the other.

1) Pay someone to "Roll" your fenders. Only the back ones need to be done on the Gen 2.

2) Use a cutting tool to "trim" your fenders like I did, but you gotta have a steady hand or you'll destroy your fenders! (very expensive mistake if you slip at all!) I've had some previous metalworking experience so I took it on, but wouldn't recommend just anyone doing this themselves.

Your best bet is to have them professionally rolled. ;)

6 months later?? :roll: :roll:
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MCOjerry » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:00 pm

^I was just gonna say that. I guess you have somewhat of a delayed reaction when you get older :lol:
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby RDKamikaze » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:04 pm

MCOjerry wrote:^I was just gonna say that. I guess you have somewhat of a delayed reaction when you get older :lol:

Yeah, my dad can vouche for that one. He always forgets things and then takes a while to do things now, but I still love him.

So, about MY tutorial request (not 6 months later)... 8)
RDKamikaze
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Guys - please keep it on topic here... only DIY requests please! ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby rojamay » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Is there anybody that know how to replace the front turn signal bulbs?
rojamay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:59 am

rojamay wrote:Is there anybody that know how to replace the front turn signal bulbs?

Try this: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/628675/7
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby rojamay » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:51 am

Just what I was looking for. Thanks.
rojamay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bjkim88 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:22 pm

DIY for the TRD lowering springs? Don't have the SE Sport struts, so, without that. lol.

And maybe a clearer/simplified DIY for the CP-e. I hear its annoying to use the given instructions. I don't have a CP-e yet, but, im planning to get one really soon, I finally have the money for it now. :)
bjkim88
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solvert18 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:00 pm

Can anyone do a mod to make the top convertiblelize automatically and not having to leave the button pressed?
Solvert18
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:31 pm

Convertiblize! LOL

Try searching through the tutorial section (this section) for posts from Down2theC... he has removed the speed limiter, and I thought he did one touch, but can't remember.

He'd be the one to have done it though...
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

removing map light?

Postby LostSoul » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:54 pm

how do i yank this off?to replace my bulbs
[img][img]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/lume_2008/IMG_0324.jpg[/img][/img]
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5