[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - The guts of an '04 JBL 6 disc
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

The guts of an '04 JBL 6 disc

The guts of an '04 JBL 6 disc

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:43 am

4 side screws and some snaps to get the face off...

Many tiny screws (very tight) to get the guts out of the face...
below the white rubber are the touch pads that make the buttons work and all the little LEDs. Most buttons have 2. There are light guides for the knobs as well.

Here you can see that the plasic face will not swap with the '07 with some major plastic work. You'd have to swap out everything below the LCD display to get buttons matching. Since the face is all one mold (I was hoping that section was separate) you'd have to cut out both and fit together one good face. There are the chrome colored verticals on either side so you might be able to hide some hacking there. (They pop out) But the LCD area would be near impossible to cut into nicely.

So I'll live with a slight texture mismatch so I can play MP3s.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:29 am

Thanks for the pioneer work...I'm about to install my '07 HU and it was the only thing I dislike (color mismatch)...if only the cold can go the screw away !!! ;)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:37 am

Nice work of showing us the innards of the JBL unit. Should help many that would like to modify it. 8)
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5