[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Align/Aim Headlights
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Align/Aim Headlights

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:22 pm

I see the problem you have...it is because you using a 3/8" driver...I use a tiny 1/4" driver
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby philosophicaljt » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:05 am

NeFaRiOuS_SLE wrote:^^You mean the factory HID, right? Unfortunately, most factory HIDs are designed to accommodate/adjust to road conditions (e.g. on slopes), since HID blinding motorist is much more prevalent than halogen; especially since some countries/states/whatever have rules in place about it. On the other hand, there's no requirements in halogen for mechanical leveling, and in a world where lowering production costs is the name of the game, NO manufacturer would do that.

With all this in mind, even HIDs may have to be adjusted, but I'm sure there's a leveling mechanism in the lights smart enough to figure out when it IS misaligned... So the only way our cars CAN self-adjust [that I can think of] as of the moment is if you retrofitted a Gen2.5 HID into the car.

Edited

lol. I knew all that. The 07 Solaras Have a switch on the dash near the security button that adjusts the aim of the headlights. I want that. Thats all. And I do have HID's PnP, but not retrofit.

In the country, it would be helpful to me to be able to riase the aim and adjust the spread of my headlights. Its VERY different driving in the city and in the country.

Plus its just cool.

Th
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:22 am

Just put servo-motor in place to do the job for you. You could pass the wire in the firewall grommet on the passenger side and make it go right in your glove box or a better place.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby psolara04 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:21 pm

i see you have installed a remote starter.... lol. good call.
im glad winters gone for another year.
psolara04
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Align/Aim Headlights

Postby NewShockerGuy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:17 pm

So no way to adjust the beams left and right? Seems nuts to only be able to adjust them up and down...

-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5