[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - F/S Phreak's Used Gen2 Grille Set (Black)
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

F/S Phreak's Used Gen2 Grille Set (Black)

F/S Phreak's Used Gen2 Grille Set (Black)

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:00 pm

For sale: MikeT Gen2 upper and lower grille set in black. Both are in great shape. Will post up pictures soon.

PM me your offer (I will add $15 for USPS Priority shipping.) I'd like to see these go to a good SolaraGuy (or SolaraGirl) who will take car of them. 8)

Massive pics for close up inspection. :wink:

Last edited by PhreakdOut on Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 am

Are these the ones that are currently / were on your car? If I remember properly they had a few flakes or something, have they been touched up? Why are you selling?

I may consider...

Thanks,

James
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:28 am

GL w/ the sale bro.

-M 8)
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:38 am

You'll replace your grill by which one ??

1) Stock
2) Trenz
3) Gen 2.5 grill
4) Other

I don't know what to do...I wanna change it but I want a perfect fit.

There is no Gen 2.5 at my local Toyota dealership...I wonder if the grill will really fit. Lot a talks on the forum but no ones tried it.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:48 pm

Sebas007 wrote:You'll replace your grill by which one ??

1) Stock
2) Trenz
3) Gen 2.5 grill
4) Other

I don't know what to do...I wanna change it but I want a perfect fit.

There is no Gen 2.5 at my local Toyota dealership...I wonder if the grill will really fit. Lot a talks on the forum but no ones tried it.

It fits perfectly... I tried it but didn't like it...
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:15 pm

^^^ thanks for the info bro ! :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:22 pm

No problem man, good luck with it if you decide to give it a try! It's a pretty tight grille overall, but I just couldn't feel that ridge running through the middle of it... it was annoying to me, and the more I looked at it, the more it just didn't look right for me on my ride. On other cars it may look pretty cool though.

Peace,

-James
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:36 pm

theprodigy79 wrote:Are these the ones that are currently / were on your car? If I remember properly they had a few flakes or something, have they been touched up? Why are you selling?

I may consider...

Thanks,

James

This upper was on my car for three days and the lower I hadn't mounted. The ones I had before were in bad shape so I threw them out. They were the chrome material painted black. So occasionally, it would flake off.

This set is made from precoated black material. I believe it's powder coated. I tried flexing the grille to see if it would crack and it didn't. Nice stuff.

I bought these just before the Elmhurst Show and only had time to mount the upper. After I got back from the show, I took them off and put the OE Gen2 grille back on.

I might as well let the cat out of the bag ... my Gen2 is no more. I opted against parting the thing to pieces and let it go as is back to the leasing company. (Along with some SolaraGuy info tucked into the glove compartment.) I removed my Enkei wheels (they are now on my RX8), the grille and the strut tower bar. (Which I sold offline to a fellow SG). The leasing company got a nice car with a RSB, TRD exhaust, Injen intake, TRD springs and a few other items. I hope the next owner will be happy with it like I was and will eventually find their way to SolaraGuy.

So support a "Solara-less" mod and buy some parts. LOL.

Here's the grille at the Elmhurst show.

I'll go take the pics of them now.
Last edited by PhreakdOut on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:44 pm

^^^^ :o :o Speechless !!
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:46 pm

PhreakdOut wrote:I might as well let the cat out of the bag ... my Gen2 is no more. I opted against parting the thing to pieces and let it go as is back to the leasing company. (Along with some SolaraGuy info tucked into the glove compartment.) I removed my Enkei wheels (they are now on my RX8), the grille and the strut tower bar.

Man - you had a short lease! :o

I was wondering what the pics of the RX8 were all about - thought it might be the wifey's car or something.

Good luck to ya Brian - have fun with that RX8! :)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:44 pm

PXLpainter wrote:Man - you had a short lease! :o

I was wondering what the pics of the RX8 were all about - thought it might be the wifey's car or something.

Good luck to ya Brian - have fun with that RX8! :)

Pictures attached in the original post.

Thanks Jeff. The lease was not based on time but on miles. I reached the 60K and all good things come to an end. We'll see what the future has in store.
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Ouch

Postby JMSinMaryland » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:27 pm

That's some expensive gutter guard. What's the plan going forward? Toyota-less? I was really hoping you'd be the one to follow my subtle HINT and get a Trenz grill and have it powdercoated black. That would be a hot look. Jon.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ReaDY-SeT-Go » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:00 pm

damn phreak you got a clean looking gen 2 solara
ReaDY-SeT-Go
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:51 pm

sad to see that gen 2 go brian...i so had dibs on that exhaust!
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:06 pm

:o ..... :cry: we'll miss ur gen2
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer