[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Selling 19" Katana Passions Need DUBS!
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Selling 19" Katana Passions Need DUBS!

yeah

Postby JayDubz » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:28 am

yeah i know what you mean.. I want a solara so bad rite now.. but rite now I am trying to wait.. its hard.. I was thinking of waiting for the 07's i heard that they will maybe have the 3.5l v6... its so hard waiting... knowing me i proably wont be able to wait that long.. :-) i doubt it.. I got so many plans to hook mine up LOL.. my cousin works that the kentucky solara plant.. so he said he could get me one at employee cost.. so thats not helping me wait for an 07.... We will see.. :-)
2000 Galant... Mods in progress!!Image
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/
JayDubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:00 pm

--1LOKEDOUTSLE-- wrote:The SE Sport springs DO NOT lower the car... your "sport tuned suspension" are the struts...

Do you even know what a camber kit is? It is not needed for the Solaras... If you dont know what it looks like for the Solara, search on this forum, some people say it helps, but its not needed for our cars...

If I were rolling those 19s, on a Gen 2, It would be the lowest on this forum (now that those coilovers are out)...

A camber kit from what I understand basicly keeps your tires from wear and tear and keeps then alligned correctly. If I don't need one then good. So how much to coil-overs normally go for?
ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SPF 0 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:46 pm

Larger wheels looks aside, doesn't the stiffer-sidewalled tires hurt ride quality?
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby importtuner2oo4 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:58 pm

coil overs usually go for $1200+, brand new. dont know specifically for the gen 2 tho.
importtuner2oo4
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SPF 0 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:02 pm

I guess I just don't understand why someone would spend that much money to denigrate their ride quality. Of course, I'm 40 which may serve to place some of that mystery into context.
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Astro » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:34 am

Coil-overs are the best IMO. I just got the JIC-magic coil-over and I can tell you the handling is much better than my previous KYB/Eibach setup. The only coil-overs out for you are the Tein SS Damper for $1350. The best part to them are having height adjustability and ride stiffness. If you are worried about how low you're gonna be, then save up for the coil-overs.
If you choose to just get springs, check out *PoshPizzie* ride. She's got the SE sport, 20's and TRD springs. Either way you go with rims, the overall height of the rim/tire will be about the same. Also, I believe you may have to roll or cut the rear fenders, depending on the width.

I'm sure if you talk to the Milton, "The Mad Installa", he can hook you up! :wink:
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby dvdchris45 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:21 am

I take it this is no longer for the wanted/for sale section anymore?
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:15 am

Chris, did you ever post up a price?

My apologies if I missed it.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Previous

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5