[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Selling 19" Katana Passions Need DUBS!
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Selling 19" Katana Passions Need DUBS!

Selling 19" Katana Passions Need DUBS!

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:40 pm

Thinking of selling my 19" Katana Passions. I want to upgrade to 20". Anyone know of anyone selling some dubs that will fit my whip that are in good shape? Also does anyone know anyone that needs some rims? Heres a pic of my rims, even though everyone knows what they look like... :lol:

ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:20 pm

Your wheels are fine. Going to a 20" won't make as much difference as lowering your ride. (Have you done this yet?)

Once you lower it, the wheels look a whole lot bigger.

BTW: How much are you thinking for the 19 inchers? (Just curious)
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:56 pm

I know I love my rims, but I'm actually seeing what my options are. I'm still getting info together for the pricing on my wheels and tires. I love how 20" look on the Gen 2's though.
ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:39 pm

The 20's might look good on the Gen2 but if you have passengers in the back seat and you make tight hard turns you might do some scraping of the tires. With that happening, don't even think about lowering it. Your 19's will never scrape and look great as is. Use the money on other mods.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby so-cal_sol » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:45 pm

slingshot wrote:The 20's might look good on the Gen2 but if you have passengers in the back seat and you make tight hard turns you might do some scraping of the tires. With that happening, don't even think about lowering it. Your 19's will never scrape and look great as is. Use the money on other mods.

i second that, as you go bigger with wheels you lose performance on your car.
2005 lunar mist metallic se V6
Trenz Grill
Eclipse 2454 HU
TRD springs *DROPT BY MILT*
so-cal_sol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:58 pm

How much you plan on selling em for with and without tires? I'm lookin for some 19s myself.
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 pm

I'll have to get back to you on that dvdchris. As far as keepin the 19" I 'm just worried about dropping my ride and then having my tires dip out on me in just a few thousand miles. I'de have to get the camber kit and all that other stuff to make sure that my tires last. Keep the advice coming though guys.
ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedSTARs » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:07 pm

so-cal_sol wrote:
slingshot wrote:The 20's might look good on the Gen2 but if you have passengers in the back seat and you make tight hard turns you might do some scraping of the tires. With that happening, don't even think about lowering it. Your 19's will never scrape and look great as is. Use the money on other mods.

i second that, as you go bigger with wheels you lose performance on your car.

^^^Yup... :P

Performance such as braking, acceleration of the line and turning speed should be considered.

1. Braking is poorer due to excessive wheel weight which takes a load on the now smaller brake rotors verses the stock 17"-16"or15"?...
2. Acceleration is slower due to wheel weight in respect to more mass to move.
3. Turning speed gear ratio is effected by the size of the wheel ane the extra mass required to steer the wheel.

Man, the only thing I'd be worried about is the darn wheel bearings damage and the studs shearing off when you least expect it. Anyway Chris, I totally dig the wheel you already have on the Solara. However the case you go, good luck Bro... :wink: :P :angel:

Peace,
-G
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dvdchris45 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:10 am

CHRIS CLUTCH wrote:I'll have to get back to you on that dvdchris. As far as keepin the 19" I 'm just worried about dropping my ride and then having my tires dip out on me in just a few thousand miles. I'de have to get the camber kit and all that other stuff to make sure that my tires last. Keep the advice coming though guys.

PM me with some numbers if your serious about selling it, I'm doing research myself and if its a good deal we'll chat :lol: :drinking:
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby thealkimo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:15 am

PhreakdOut wrote:Your wheels are fine. Going to a 20" won't make as much difference as lowering your ride. (Have you done this yet?)

Once you lower it, the wheels look a whole lot bigger.

BTW: How much are you thinking for the 19 inchers? (Just curious)

agreed...

i say drop it before you go bigger...
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: ....

Postby JayDubz » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:38 am

[quote="JayDubz"]well there are plenty of lowered dubed out gen2 solars... ask them all and make ur decision...
and do you think as far as acceleration would be a big decrease from 19's to 20's.. i mean yes all this stuff is important.. but unless u push ur car to the limit or whatever every time u drive... i dont think u will relize much difference...

Ive had my dubz for over a year and i stll have plenty of tred... my brakes havent worn any faster.... i still got all the acceleration that i need or want... and i have no rubbin issues with people in the back.. and i have a 4 banger... with a few engine mods.. like intake and headers...

well dubz are nice... i love them.. good luck.. honestly though sizes between 19's and 20's is not that big of a difference when ur car is lowered though....lower him and see how it turns out.. u might light it and enjoy them just fine... unless u really want dubz then get what u want :-) :lol:
2000 Galant... Mods in progress!!Image
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/
JayDubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:31 pm

So realistically what exactly would I need to drop my car and keep my tires from balding so fast? I've been told a camber kit will help keep the tires in good shape, but what else? I would also like the ride to obviously stay as smooth as I can possibly keep it. I do love my rims though. About how much would it cost total to drop it and get everything I need?
ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JayDubz » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:10 am

Well.. nothing is like stock setup for the smoothes ride.. im not sure what solara gen2's have to offer for aftermarket suspension.... I will tell you this... the more you drop it the more you will need a camber kit.. usually up to a 2inch drop should be ok with out a camber kit... i never needed a camber kit and like i said i still have at least 70% tred on all 4 dires and my are directional... so they have only be rotated once... fronts to rears... my alignment is still clean no shakey shake.. but i also drive like a tutles mother LOL... i punch it every now and then and hit a few corners but average driving is very moderate and smooth I dont do alot of agressive driving.. if you do.. you should install camber kit to insure that your wheels dont start to slant from hitting corners fast... usually i begin to see peoples wheels slant when they protecipate in aggressive driving quick turns.... well good luck..
if you dont have the sports model .. you could proably get the solars se sport springs.. i will assume that would keep a good stock feeling and if im not mistakin will lower your ride as well.. dont remember if they lower the car.. check out a few gen2's on dubs ive seen some on the forums lowered....
good luck
2000 Galant... Mods in progress!!Image
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/
JayDubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:19 pm

JayDubz wrote:Well.. nothing is like stock setup for the smoothes ride.. im not sure what solara gen2's have to offer for aftermarket suspension.... I will tell you this... the more you drop it the more you will need a camber kit.. usually up to a 2inch drop should be ok with out a camber kit... i never needed a camber kit and like i said i still have at least 70% tred on all 4 dires and my are directional... so they have only be rotated once... fronts to rears... my alignment is still clean no shakey shake.. but i also drive like a tutles mother LOL... i punch it every now and then and hit a few corners but average driving is very moderate and smooth I dont do alot of agressive driving.. if you do.. you should install camber kit to insure that your wheels dont start to slant from hitting corners fast... usually i begin to see peoples wheels slant when they protecipate in aggressive driving quick turns.... well good luck..
if you dont have the sports model .. you could proably get the solars se sport springs.. i will assume that would keep a good stock feeling and if im not mistakin will lower your ride as well.. dont remember if they lower the car.. check out a few gen2's on dubs ive seen some on the forums lowered....
good luck

Actually I do have the SE Sport so I already have the springs. Good lookin out though. I'm still weighing my options. I'm not in a hurry to get dubs or lower the whip. Just got caught up in all these nice Solaras on 20". No big deal. I need to focus on my music right now anyways.
ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5