[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - F/S EBAY: intake
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

F/S EBAY: intake

Postby Astro » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 pm

PXLpainter wrote:Dang - how'd you find that? I just went to their product application guide and nothing was listed for anything higher than an '03... hmmm...

Paul Ho (at Injen) says that he doesn't list them because he hasn't got them CARB approved, something only us CALI people have to worry about. Just remember, if you go cp-e, you'll have to put your stock intake back on when you smog. For now, you gen2 guys will have to do the same, fortunately the gen1's are approved so we don't have too. Who knows if Injen is still working on getting them approved.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 pm

theprodigy79 wrote:You buy an Injen you get a 2.75" pipe.

CPe is a 3.5" pipe and chip with fuel map, air intake ratios, etc... "Tunable" version also available.

As far as "performance" goes... they're both SRIs, which aren't going to put out as much as a CAI... but between the two of them, the CPe has a WHOLE LOT MORE going for it... and that's just straight up logic...

werd =P
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Astro » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:37 pm

I don't see the purpose of a 3.5" pipe, when the throttle body opening is sooo small. I think if we can use a bigger throttle body, it'll really make use of all that air. Paul @Injen did test with bigger piping but actually lost power. I guess those engineers found something he didn't. Also, someone should test the cp-e with the UPFD CAI extension...Has any s/c gen1 guys tried the cp-e on a dyno yet? I guess you guys being n/a, it's your best bet.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:59 pm

So basically what you're saying is, twice the price = twice the performance? Seems like there's a lot more detailed info out there for the CP-E products too...

Thanks - JF
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby FLUXEMAG » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:17 pm

The factory air box pulls cold air? Can someone confirm that...

In Arizona I think I would be killing myself by using a ram intake. With the AC running always the engine compartment gets very warm. I's pay 500 if I could get a CAI with mapping adjustments.

There's got to be some plastic piece that can wrap around the cpe intake and get air from the wheel well or something. Does someone have a link?
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:42 pm

FLUXEMAG wrote:The factory air box pulls cold air? Can someone confirm that...

In Arizona I think I would be killing myself by using a ram intake. With the AC running always the engine compartment gets very warm. I's pay 500 if I could get a CAI with mapping adjustments.

There's got to be some plastic piece that can wrap around the cpe intake and get air from the wheel well or something. Does someone have a link?

The factory air box helps to keep the engine heat away from the intake, thereby allowing it to draw in cooler air... Short Ram Intakes take a straight draw from the engine compartment, meaning they draw in the heat associated with it as well.. This can DEFINITELY sap power, especially if you live in a hot area, or you have a vehicle that is prone to producing more engine heat...

For example: General Motors actually created a TSB for those suffering from severe power loss in their Hummers saying to check the air intake and ensure that factory air box is in place... It also advises against usage of Short Ram Intakes in these vehicles.

The problem with the CAI in the Gen II solara is engine compartment spacing... There is no room to run a CAI or CAI extension unless you move you battery (or figure out another creative method)...
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5