[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - GB: Gen 2 CPE MAFci System -- short ram intake w/ fuel mgmt.
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

GB: Gen 2 CPE MAFci System -- short ram intake w/ fuel mgmt.

Postby NABBUN SECHKIE » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:33 pm

I'll take one at the most discounted price if we all get one
NABBUN SECHKIE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dude » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 pm

so all we need is 8 more...come on old farts, lets make this happen....
dude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NABBUN SECHKIE » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:54 pm

maybe you should stop calling them old farts -_-;;;
NABBUN SECHKIE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cklinh » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:42 pm

I hope I'm not the only one feeling this way... but we don't need the constant badgering...

If we wanted it, we'd already be in the group buy...
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby dude » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:56 pm

i apologize.... but if you do want an intake, it could help out with the price. ok ok but if you do change your mind.... hey, i'm an old fart too so i didnt mean to offend.
dude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RPM » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:35 am

Well, the GB ended with 0 orders. Only 1 order on the Gen 1-1.5. I'll continue to carry these on my website, but I don't think you'll see too much else from CPE with this kind of response.
www.theRPMstore.com

Your source for the CPE MAFci™ System! We also carry Xtec and Apexcone HID Kits that feature a LIFETIME warranty on all parts! More to come! Stay tuned!
RPM
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby swindler » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:18 pm

Okay...so I'm too late for the group buy. (Sorry.) But I'm seriously considering getting the MAFci anyway - at whatever price it'll take.

But right now I'm running with the DocJohn intake mod (and a K&N filter).

Does putting in the MAFci eliminate the DocJohn intake mod? That is, the control valve that regulates air intake is no longer in the path, right?

The reason I ask, is that I'm trying to determine if any of the mods that I've done with my current setup would make the tunable MAFci the preferred choice. Right now, besides the DocJohn mod, the only mod I have in the TRD muffler.

My assumption is that the DocJohn mod would be eliminated, and the TRD muffler wouldn't make a difference with the preset base map. Comments?
2006 SLE V6 Convertible
swindler
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dude » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:10 pm

i believe the tunable would only make sense if further mods are done, ie, s/c, header, pistons, etc. the trd exhaust only, the non-tuner version is fine. you can always add-on the tuner version if you do decide to further mod or for fun. but you need a dyno to fine tune it for max hp. the std version has already been tuned. would be nice if there was more interest or if cpe supplied more suppliers, ie. many suppliers offer the injen system which helps lower unit costs.... but the injen system is only intake, has smaller diameter and does not include a re-tuned fuel map.
dude
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby swindler » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:07 pm

Thanks, makes sense. I think I'll be fine with the non-tunable.

I'd bought CAI kits for my last three cars and noticed a difference, but it was always limited. I was hesitant to buy the Injen intake for that reason, and was playing around with everything else. But the MAFci sounds like it's the real deal and really makes a big improvement.

I wish I had seen the group buy through RPM earlier, but it sounds like there weren't enough buyers anyway. Actually, I'll probably go through CP-E instead of RPM anyway. RPM is a little cheaper, but would charge me TX sales tax, and so I think it'll actually be less if I go direct.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible
swindler
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5