[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Feeler: Custom mesh Upper & lower Grilles.
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Feeler: Custom mesh Upper & lower Grilles.

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:21 pm

my bad if you already said this somewhere, but why the difference in costs between colors?

also, whats the update on the vinyls for the silver strip? I got a black car and i'd like that strip GONE! :)
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:58 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:my bad if you already said this somewhere, but why the difference in costs between colors?

The black I believe is powder coated, not just paint.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BadAngel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:37 am

yeah like just material wise... the black grill mesh is like 25-30 more then the silver

As for the silver strip lol i bought a roll of "Blackout tape" basically black vinyl tape... and I took the silver strip off and I covered the front of it with the tape as you would with vinyl. The only thing is the tape isn't wide enough to do the whole strip as in the front and the bottom, but you never see the bottom of the strip unless the hood is open and you're looking up at the bottom of the strip, so for now I don't mind.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CmeFLY » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:23 pm

hey im down to buy the black upper&lower.
and btw to deduct the cost of the shipping.
im from nj. are u from the nyc or ny state?
[2006 3.3 SLE]---[2 12' Kenwood subs]---[ECLIPSE DOUBLEDIN]---[INJEN SRI]---[TRD RSB/ FSB/ SPRINGS COMING SOON]---[15% tint front 5% tint rear]---[8000k top / 3000k bottom]
CmeFLY
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby KSolara » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:19 pm

I might be interested
I bought a pair from mike a while ago and painted it black but it stripped and looks like crap now
Im also from NJ

What kind of trim and diamond pattern are u using?
o4 SE I4 Lunar mist
KSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby CmeFLY » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:52 pm

hey badangel watsup. im also from nj and if ur still making them and sellin the grilles. ill be down for the black upper&lower grilles.
[2006 3.3 SLE]---[2 12' Kenwood subs]---[ECLIPSE DOUBLEDIN]---[INJEN SRI]---[TRD RSB/ FSB/ SPRINGS COMING SOON]---[15% tint front 5% tint rear]---[8000k top / 3000k bottom]
CmeFLY
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:08 pm

do you have picture of GzNutz's new grill yet? also, how much would it be to add in a vinyl strip?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BadAngel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:46 pm

I never actually got around to making it... college has me really busy with work and since mike came back i wasn't even sure if anyone wanted me to make them anymore...

If theirs still interest ill still make them though.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:08 pm

nah thats ok. thanks though. garrett already reminded me that you went to school.
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Feeler: Custom mesh Upper & lower Grilles.

Postby Blindside360 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Kinda new here and was wondering what the black trim under the front bumper was ?
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 pm

if you're referring to badangel's black strip it's his diy body kit! haha
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Blindside360 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:57 pm

lol i looked all over the web to find that black strip is there a tut on how to do it ?
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Blindside360 wrote:lol i looked all over the web to find that black strip is there a tut on how to do it ?

Try searching for "Home Depot Lip"
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Blindside360 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks you've been helping me all day lol.
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 am

I will eventually also want a black set made for me, idk how long it will take till id actually buy it because im starting college in less than a month, but reserve one for me on your "eventually" list 8)
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5