[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Feeler: Custom mesh Upper & lower Grilles.
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Feeler: Custom mesh Upper & lower Grilles.

Feeler: Custom mesh Upper & lower Grilles.

Postby BadAngel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:09 pm

All right As some of you might know, I made my own custom upper and lower grilles for my 2004 Solara. A couple of people have asked me if I would consider making more and I figured I would see just how many people are interested in a set of grilles. If your interested then leave a reply saying which you would be interested in (it doesn't commit you to anything)

No matter what color grille you order, it will have the black trim around it, as it doesn't come in silver.

In order to install the upper grille, you need to remove the grille support in the middle of the OEM grille(two bolts) and the mesh grille is held on by the two remaining side screws, and optionally a zip or twist tie on the bottom.

The lower grille must go "Behind the teeth" as shown in the pictures, and is held in with zip ties.

Pricing:

Silver:
Upper Grille: $80 + shipping
Lower Grille: $50 + Shipping
Both: $115 + Shipping

Black:
Upper Grille: $95 + shipping
Lower Grille: $70 + shipping
Both: $150 + shipping

Again, If your interested, reply saying what you might be interested (again if you decided you don't want it when I actually make them, im not gonna come looking for you... this is just to see if there is enough interest for me to even continue further.)

INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:29 pm

im interested in the upper grille, is the grille the same type of material as the michael T one?

can you put a pic of the entire front end of the car too?

and did u lower your car yet??
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Aotoyota wrote:im interested in the upper grille, is the grille the same type of material as the michael T one?

can you put a pic of the entire front end of the car too?

and did u lower your car yet??

I dunno what mike used... but i use mesh from customcargrills.com so its not just random crap.

What color do you want btw?

The struts r still in the flippin mail! im pissed... within the next week for sure.

INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:50 pm

i might want a black one but not too sure yet?

i hate to be a pain in the ass but can we see it in sunlight?
and $90 + shipping? sorry i had to ask? a dollar is a dollar ya know?
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:58 pm

Ur car was getting alot of attention at the show this weekend....i think the grill made the car stand out real nice.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby BadAngel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Aotoyota wrote:i might want a black one but not too sure yet?

i hate to be a pain in the ass but can we see it in sunlight?
and $90 + shipping? sorry i had to ask? a dollar is a dollar ya know?

well the materials are over 70 dollars alone. On top of that you've got no idea how much work went into making a template for it, and it's not something you can simply throw togeather in 5 mins it takes a few hours to cut, bend and then trim to size and get a good fit. I don't have to make more, and i wasn't planning on it. Since people are interested and i had multiple people ask me, I'm considering making some. I'm not about to be selling them for material cost, I need to be making something for the time I'm putting into it. You can go see how much the mesh and trim costs and see that I'm not doubling my money by any means. Sorry if you don't like my explanation but go look at the alternatives, not to be a dick but honestly ask anyone who knows me I would never try to screw someone or take advantage of them.

As for more pictures... I'll try to take one in direct sunlight but heres what i have on hand.

BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:51 pm

hey Badangel- I didnt mean to offend you by any means, i thought I would just ask, just to ask. but I totally understand the cost of labor and materials and such since i deal with manufacturing lines all the time at work.

as for the grille, im definately interested, maybe in top and bottom so they dont look all funky since I have michael Ts lower one. and color. black for my silver car!

sharp ride too, cant wait to see it lowered! thanks again. let me know if you intend on making a few!
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Only thing that's keeping me from saying yes is that you don't have chrome/silver trim.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:46 am

Taido wrote:Only thing that's keeping me from saying yes is that you don't have chrome/silver trim.

well, i'm looking into that. but the thing is that I know the black trim works well. The company has silver trim but they say its for straight lines only not bends. which is kinda uselss in my opinion. None the less, i'm Looking and will keep ya posted.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Biggi_e » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:09 am

badangel, product looks great so far. keep up the work!
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby [SMAN] » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Yeah, that looks great, and the price is reasonable given that they are hand made. I may make one sugestion though, put that black stuff around the area you cutout for the hood latch. If your going to be selling these to other people, as a liability, you don't want people cutting themselves on that edge there when they reach in to unlock the hood.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby KoZ-44 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:34 pm

I am definitely interested in the black upper and lower.. Not to copy your car but that was kind of what I was envisioning with new grilles put on.. Count me in and keep up to date with the process.
KoZ-44
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:59 pm

[SMAN] wrote:Yeah, that looks great, and the price is reasonable given that they are hand made. I may make one sugestion though, put that black stuff around the area you cutout for the hood latch. If your going to be selling these to other people, as a liability, you don't want people cutting themselves on that edge there when they reach in to unlock the hood.

Yeah ASG14 had mentioned that at the show. I'm going to do that, I just didn't bother with my own grille cuz I'm not going to sue myself it i get cut lol
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm

Is that all?
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Didn't see this...was awaiting pm. I'd be down for both upper and lower if the silver grill had silver trim.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5