[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - WTB: Aux input or iPod Interface
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

WTB: Aux input or iPod Interface

WTB: Aux input or iPod Interface

Postby YoungDonDraper » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey All,

I have a 2006 SE with the stock CD player - no changer, no JBL - and I'm looking for an aux input adapter. I plan on putting in a double DIN DVD/Nav eventually, but I'd like a wired adapter to use in the meantime.

If I can't find a used aux input, I might see about getting a used, decent FM modulator so if you have one of those you're trying to get rid of let me know.

Oh, and the device I'm hooking up is an iPhone 3Gs. I have the 3.5 to RCA cable, so an RCA or direct iPod adapter works, doesn't matter to me.

I have PayPal, and I'd like to do this ASAP so I can hopefully put it in this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

-YDD
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:19 am

I have one of these I used to use on my 2001 sitting around:
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

I think it will work on your '06 but I'm not 100% sure since I don't know if toyota changed the cd-changer input (it doesn't look like it comparing it to the link below for the new one). It uses the cd-changer input on the back of your factory HU.

It has been replaced with this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA15TOY ... y=USA+Spec

The cable on the left is the one that plugs into the cd-changer input.

PM if you're interested in the DFTOY.
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:26 am

i have the top one SolaraSpeed used in his 2001 in my 2004 and it works great, simple hook up , just you cant use steering wheel controls to control ipod
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby YoungDonDraper » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 am

Awesome I checked it out and it'll work. How much do you guys want? I can PayPal today if you can ship priority or even 2nd day air. I really want to get this thing installed this weekend, taking a trip for work next week and it'll be a LONG ride with no ipod.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby YoungDonDraper » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Just bought it from SolaraSpeed. Thanks everybody for your help/advice.
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:47 pm

thats what we are here for
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5