[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - WTB TRD lowering springs for my 2005 Solara
Post your Toyota Solara Gen 2 items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

WTB TRD lowering springs for my 2005 Solara

WTB TRD lowering springs for my 2005 Solara

Postby gnegroni » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 am

Hello guys and gals:

It has been a while since I've posted so hello to you all.

My car is sitting at 120000I on the odometer and I need to replace the front left strut since it is past its due date (damaged in big @ss pothole). I decided to replace all 4 struts to square up and think this is the perfect opportunity to swap the "default" SE with the TRD lowering springs.

I'm open to purchasing fairly used set if the price is right. However, I must have them shipped to PR zipcode 00961.

Thanks,
G
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: WTB TRD lowering springs for my 2005 Solara

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

I'm in the same boat as you, man. Time to swap out the suspension. I'm gonna decide whether to get the se sport struts + new springs or cop me some coilovers. once I decide, I'll let you have my springs for cheap.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby copeland » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:37 am

Hey,
If you're open to other lowering springs, I have some Sprint lowering springs laying around my garage. I'll do it shipped for cheap.
Just shoot me a PM if you're interested!

Coilovers vs Struts+Springs is a tough call because it's pretty similarly priced :p
copeland
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnegroni » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi:

I guess I forgot how awesome this community was! At this late in the game, I didn't expect many people to be thinking about lowering springs, let alone reply to my WTB thread, which makes me wish I'd posted sooner.

As of last week, I had to make my purchase... went locally since I wanted to fix the car ASAP, and still have a way to go. Car already feeling better with new struts but I'm still getting used to the TRD + KYB combo.Its definitely better than what I had before (120k blown struts) :)

Thank you everybody for helping out.

Admins, not sure if you want to lock the thread.

Regards,
G
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to For Sale Gen 2 and 2.5