[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dustless Brakes for a 99' Camry?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Dustless Brakes for a 99' Camry?

Dustless Brakes for a 99' Camry?

Postby kb » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:00 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding dustless brakes? In just a little over a week my rims start to turn grey and I am sick of it. I heard some higher performance pads are less "dusty" then generic autozone brands......

Thanks
kb
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Dustless Brakes for a 99' Camry?

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:37 pm

kb wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations regarding dustless brakes? In just a little over a week my rims start to turn grey and I am sick of it. I heard some higher performance pads are less "dusty" then generic autozone brands......

Thanks

Hmmm..less dusty, you might want to try EBC Greenstuff or KVR performance pads. It's pretty tough to find a dustless brake pad since the brake material breaks up overtime and has to go somewhere. You will still get brake dust with these pads but not as much as a regular pad.

Question, what type of rims do you have and how do you usually clean them? Static electricity buildup on your rims is a good way to get a good dusting.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NASTY » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:44 pm

Flipside909 wrote:Question, what type of rims do you have and how do you usually clean them? Static electricity buildup on your rims is a good way to get a good dusting.

what do you mean by this?

i have the TRD wheels and have the same problem, never noticed it with the stock wheels though.

was thinkin of upgradin to TRD pads.
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:45 pm

trd wheels? or the tsw? revos
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby kb » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:55 am

I have the stock rims and caps. I don't really do anything special to wash them, soap and water.... I found the EBC's for $79 from random online vendors, is there any place that you recommend to purchase them?

Thanks again,
kb
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NASTY » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:20 am

Blaze wrote:trd wheels? or the tsw? revos

same thing...
i say TRD, sounds cooler
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:33 pm

NASTY wrote:
what do you mean by this?

i have the TRD wheels and have the same problem, never noticed it with the stock wheels though.

was thinkin of upgradin to TRD pads.

Do you clean your wheels with plain soap and water and sponge?

DO NOT get the TRD Pads. The brake dust will go onto your wheels even faster. After a regular day's drive, your TSW Revos will look like the color of gunmetal. The TRD pads even the HP series are known to warp rotors. They do bite well in all stopping instances...but they are costly to replace since 1) it uses a very high friction compound and 2) it dusts the worst. and 3) the extra heat generated helps warp your rotors faster.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NASTY » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:28 am

Flipside909 wrote:Do you clean your wheels with plain soap and water and sponge?

are you saying this like its a bad thing or good??

i let the auto car washes take care of most of it, then ill wipe em down with a cloth to get the rest of the dust off
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:39 pm

NASTY wrote:
Flipside909 wrote:Do you clean your wheels with plain soap and water and sponge?

are you saying this like its a bad thing or good??

i let the auto car washes take care of most of it, then ill wipe em down with a cloth to get the rest of the dust off

No it's a good thing. It's probably best to use a chamois on the wheels so you don't get static electricity build up. Terry cloth will build up static when drying.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Toyota Camry