[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Possible RIPP SuperCharger For 4cyl Camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Possible RIPP SuperCharger For 4cyl Camry

Postby *Charinee* » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:27 am

Umm... how much are we looking at?
*Charinee*
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:55 am

wow, if i have time ill drive up there to talk to you guys.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby NaptownSolara » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:19 am

When you say all accessories included, does that mean I could buy your kit and with just the things in that kit, make a viable supercharged solara out of it (ie, intercooler incl)?
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Possible RIPP SuperCharger For 4cyl Camry

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:42 am

RIPPMODS wrote:Do you think your guys would be interested in such a kit?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ross Esposito
Owner
Ripp Modifications Inc.
148 Lynhurst Ave
Staten Island NY 10305
718-442-4723
www.rippmods.com

Ross, most definitely!!! We have several 4cyl Camry and Solara guys that would be interested. Both 5S-FE (2.2L) and 2AZ-FE (2.4L) models. Please keep us updated :D

Thanks,
Ryan
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NaptownSolara » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:24 am

V6 also :)

I don't know how difficult it would be to port the 3.0 V6 kit for the 3g eclipse to the 3.0 V6 Camry/Solara, but it would be interesting to have the option.
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:28 pm

Nice, I like what I'm hearing.

The kit will be complete in every way. All you will need to do is bolt it on and it will be ready to add 100hp (est).

The kit in its current complete form for the Mitsu 3.0 is $3800. it includes:
Vortech blower

• HKS AFR (Fuel controller)

• RC Engineering 270cc Injectors

• HKS Adjustable Mondo Bypass Valve

• Auto XRAY OBDII Code reader and eraser

• Rising rate fuel pressure regulator

• Adjustable boost levels

• Upgradeable performance levels

• 2 Part 15 page Illustrated Instructions

• Easy install

• Polished oil cap

We are currently working on the 4 cyl Mitsu system and it will be complete in a few weeks and go into production soon afert testing. Its really up to all of you and any other boards you feel we should contact to get this going.

Regards
Rippmods
718-442-4723

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:31 pm

100hp for 4k? im up for that, i can drive up to ur shop anytime u want, we can go over the stuff
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:46 pm

We can get a kit going for this car in 10 weeks time. How serious is everybody on this. The price we mentioned was for the 6 cyl Mitsu, It may be cheaper for the 4 cyl Toyota. This kit will also work for the celica and older camry as well. Do you think there is enough call for it?

It would be a major investment in terms of production, we just want to make sure all of you really want and need a kit of our magnitude.

Regards
Rippmods
718-442-4723

Postby Blaze » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:54 pm

im up for it.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:We can get a kit going for this car in 10 weeks time. How serious is everybody on this. The price we mentioned was for the 6 cyl Mitsu, It may be cheaper for the 4 cyl Toyota. This kit will also work for the celica and older camry as well. Do you think there is enough call for it?

It would be a major investment in terms of production, we just want to make sure all of you really want and need a kit of our magnitude.

Regards
Rippmods
718-442-4723

Come to our forums and ask. We have a larger user base there from all over the country including those from Europe and Asia.

BTW, will this kit be CARB legal for us CA guys?

www.teamsc3.com

Thanks,
Ryan
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:44 am

I tried joining "TEAM SC" but its say the info page to send my info can't be found. We have a go ahead on the RIPP SC for the 4 cyl Camry.

We now need to find how many peolpe would be interested in a complete bolt on package from RIPP mods, or if we should just make it a 1 off piece.

My info is

Ross Esposito
148 Lynhurst Ave
Staten Island NY, 10305
718-442-4723

RIPPMODS@RIPPMODS.COM
www.rippmods.com

If you can e mail me an account and were to go i will be happy to keep you informed of our progress and answer any questions you may have.

Regards
Ross
Rippmods

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:I tried joining "TEAM SC" but its say the info page to send my info can't be found. We have a go ahead on the RIPP SC for the 4 cyl Camry.

We now need to find how many peolpe would be interested in a complete bolt on package from RIPP mods, or if we should just make it a 1 off piece.

My info is

Ross Esposito
148 Lynhurst Ave
Staten Island NY, 10305
718-442-4723

RIPPMODS@RIPPMODS.COM
www.rippmods.com

If you can e mail me an account and were to go i will be happy to keep you informed of our progress and answer any questions you may have.

Regards
Ross
Rippmods

Ross, i'll be emailing you soon. As for the forums, i've made you an account and have mailed you your password info. Just contact me if you are still having any TD's.

Thanks,
Ryan
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:46 am

Hey guys, as you may or may not know, RIPP Modifications Inc. has been working on a bolt on power adder for the 4cyl Camry. The kit ( a super charger drive system)t will feature many promising features including a Vortech Supercharger capable (given the right circumstances) of 600 HP and 25psi of boost, boost sensing rising rate fuel pressure regulator, larger RC Engineering injectors, fuel pump, electronic fuel controller, air filter and boost pipes.

The system is looking promising, we have now flowed the head and intake manifold and found bolt to be sufficient for the extra 100hp we are looking for. Boost #’s having yet to be determined and will be configured when tuning.

We are optimistic to the added 100 hp for many reasons, we don’t look at the engine from a mechanical stand point, rather we look at it as an air pump. Pumping “X” amount of air and producing “X” HP. When you add enough additional “Y” CFM, fuel, and, timing at the right time you can easily produce extra HP. The question lies in the integrity of the internals and valve train.

We have little reason to worry that an additional 800-1200 CFM will cause any major mechanical break down as most cars are built to go well over 100000 miles and this will be less destructive than missing several oils changes consecutively. In addition the blower Vortech makes for us is geared to flow addition CFM at a genital rate, me gear it to run parallel to the engine stock flow pattern. So as your engine “sucks” in air now, the blower will create ready available boost to make additional HP. The fuel enrichment will take over and timing controllers will supervise the tuning.

In addition to the SDS (Supercharger Drive System) we have also configured a Header system that will be available both with and without the kit. The header will feature equal length runners to scavenge heat evenly and a Catalytic Converter relocation kit. We for see the additional power to produce added stress to the already weak engine mount, so a polyurethane engine mount is foreseeable.

We are more interested in your feed back, many phone calls have been answered and it seems as thou the interest is there, it’s a matter of whether the call or “need” for this kit is there. We need to know IF it’s a worth while investment on our part. Essentially, rarely does a company like ours address a group of individuals and offer t here services at little to no cost to you. If your feel there is a market in you all, we can only promise that with the new found power we will be delivering, like the 3.0 Mitsu cars other companies will follow, seeing that you are a viable group of enthusiast.

With this we have no further updates; we do however have some pictures set up, If someone would be kind enough to host determined them for us.

Regards,
Ross Esposito
RIPP Modifications, Inc.

Postby MonkieX » Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:05 am

definitely want to be a part of your venture. I'm sure alot of solara owners have not see this post cuz it is on the camry forum. Post this in the aftermarket upgrades forum. People are always asking about how to make their 4cyl faster. And i'm one of them.
MonkieX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Toyota Camry