[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Incompatible Struts?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Incompatible Struts?

Incompatible Struts?

Postby SolaraT » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:14 pm

Why did the installer tell me that the OEM struts from a 2000 Solara would not fit on a 1998 Camry? Is he telling the truth? He said they are too short for the camry! :evil:

Why are the part number for Tokico's the same for the 1998 Camry and the 2000 Solara?

Thanks,
Louis
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:24 pm

the tokico's are the same for camry/solara across the board. The oem's have different part number for the 4 cyl and 6 cyl's, right?
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraT » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:28 pm

Shoot, nevermind. I just called Toyota parts and they said that the OEM part numbers are different for 1998 and 2000. So many Solara people replied to my WTB: OEM 1998 Camry Struts wanting to sell me their Solara Struts. I guess I am the fool for not doing better homework and trusting that since the Tokico's have the same part number it does not mean that the OEM will.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Postby SolaraT » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:37 pm

My buddy brought 2000 Solara OEM struts to replace his 1998 Camry OEM struts and the installer had to put everything back together costing him $150.00

The installer said that he can get OEM 1998 camry struts for $600 new!! That is way to much. I am going to specificaly ask for 1998 Camry OEM struts. I can't say now that a 1999 OEM Camry Strut will be compatible until I reaserch some more.
2007 VW GTI
SolaraT

Return to Toyota Camry