[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - FYI Strut Mounts
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

FYI Strut Mounts

FYI Strut Mounts

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Sun May 01, 2005 8:29 pm

I just replaced my OEM struts with the TRD/Tokico combo.
I wanted to avoid the hassle of changing everything over to the new strut combo, so I bought everything new. Right down to the coil spring seats, mounts, isolators, bumpstops....everything!
My only major mistake was to not buy the Toyota OEM mounts.
Reason being, I bought some aftermarket ones and the front upper studs were not long enough to go all the way through the TRD strut bar. :evil:
Dam I was just trying to save a buck.
The OEM ones are about 3/4", the aftermarket ones measured about 5/8" and they only threaded through about half way.
So now I am going to have to get the OEM mounts, and yes, take it all apart again. (some thing I was trying to avoid in the first place)
Dam, R&D is expensive.

But in the near future I am going to have some slightly used front mounts for a gen4 for sale. FYI (As long as you don't have a strutbar.)
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SmokeoUtRObert » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:20 am

thanks for the info... good luck on your car
SmokeoUtRObert
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:23 am

There are two part numbers for the strut mounts, i know TN there is the right strut mount that doesn't need replacing...the old ones does wear off easily!

Edit: i went thru 4 strut mounts to finally discover the toy part number and got the other one n have been a happy camper ever since (KNOCKS ON WOOD).
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry