[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Wiring to Speed Sensor damaged
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Wiring to Speed Sensor damaged

Wiring to Speed Sensor damaged

Postby mighty~mart » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:00 am

Has some problems w/ my car the other day... car was shifting hard and check engine light came on. Next day i took the car to the dealership to see if this problem was covered by warrenty.

Mechanic told me that some rodent or animal chewed through some of the wires connecting the RPM Detect Sensor to the ECU and to repatch the wires it'll be $330+tax and labor! :o

WTF!? does anyone have experience w/ this? need help and don't want to get ripped off my stealership!
SMARTin
Camry Gen 5 SE I4
mighty~mart
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby zoni » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:05 pm

thats rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!

wayyyy too much money. they want to replace the whole wiring harness and everything... do you have any pics of it??? maybe we can help you to fix it yourself for not much money at all if we could see what you are looking at.
5s auto swapped to 1mz std / Turbo
zoni
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:40 pm

not sure how much this helps, but:

VSS Wire: Location 2 Right Connector in ECM
VSS Wire Color: Violet/Yellow
VSS Pulse: 4000
VSS Tach Wire: Location 18 Coil
Tach Signal Wire Color: Black
Brake Switch Positive: Green/Red
Brake Switch Negative: Green/White

http://www.rostra.com/ac-search_results.asp - they make aftermarket cruise control and vss units
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby zoni » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:24 pm

i dont see a VSS on that page... maybe i am looking at the wrong vehicle model. i was searching under 97 camry, that is the year that my tranny came from.
5s auto swapped to 1mz std / Turbo
zoni
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DaveMush » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:06 pm

What engine? What year? What Model? I'll get you the answer... What's yer e-mail?
177Hp/186Tq Stock and OBDII compliant...
Dyno
DaveMush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry