[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - "upgraded" dash and now the AC doesnt work, which
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

"upgraded" dash and now the AC doesnt work, which

"upgraded" dash and now the AC doesnt work, which

Postby avalon01 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:40 am

Ok, this is what my "old" dash looks like (this is not my car, this is just a pic i found online)

this is the cool new one: (again, not mine, found online)

Problem is when I hook up the new one the A/C doesnt work anymore! When I press the A/C button it doesnt light up and the compressor no longer turns on.

When I plug in the old Dash the A/C works.

I found out thru trial & error that these two plugs have to be plugged in for the A/C to work:

So I"m thinking there's a wire that tells the A/C to work or not. It should be as easy as cutting a wire but i need to know which wire to cut.

AC is manual, not climate control

As you can see these two plugs are different. The one on the right is what's in the car now, the one on the left is what came with the multidisplay dash. See that yellow wire on the right that isn't on the plug on the left? I went ahead and cut that to see if it'd help but it didnt do anything, everything still works the same.

any suggestions which wire is causing the problem?
avalon01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby RichD978 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:44 am

looks a lot better bro

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby avalon01 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:47 pm

RichD978 wrote:looks a lot better bro

um, thanks, but if i had to choose i'll take the AC over the dash any day

i have to figure this out.... anyone a toyota tech? they might know....
avalon01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:46 pm

Jackass-Jeff may be able to help you...He works at Longo Lexus and may be able to get some wiring diagrams for you.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:22 pm

pm me your year/trim grade (of your vehicle and the vehicle you got the 'upgrade' unit from) and your e-mail address
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DatSRBoi » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:00 pm

I think those questions are too high tech for anyone in this forum :) Or at least to me. Seems cool though. Keep us up on this bro.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby avalon01 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:58 am

DatSRBoi wrote:I think those questions are too high tech for anyone in this forum :) Or at least to me. Seems cool though. Keep us up on this bro.

awww come on, dont u guys like a little challenge? ;-)
avalon01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby avalon01 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:01 am

Astro wrote:Jackass-Jeff may be able to help you...He works at Longo Lexus and may be able to get some wiring diagrams for you.

haynes manual has a pretty good wiring diagram, problem is it doesnt have the color codes of the wires or anything, not a lot of help...
avalon01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:11 am

avalon01 wrote:
Astro wrote:Jackass-Jeff may be able to help you...He works at Longo Lexus and may be able to get some wiring diagrams for you.

haynes manual has a pretty good wiring diagram, problem is it doesnt have the color codes of the wires or anything, not a lot of help...

I'm not talking about haynes manual, I'm talking about actual wiring diagrams from Toyota that the techs use!!!! You can't get better then that!! Get a hold of Jeff, like he says in his post above.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby avalon01 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:59 pm

Astro wrote:
I'm not talking about haynes manual, I'm talking about actual wiring diagrams from Toyota that the techs use!!!! You can't get better then that!! Get a hold of Jeff, like he says in his post above.

alright will do
avalon01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:05 pm

diagram sent.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Mole » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:05 pm

im kinda in the dark about this...

the two plugs shown...

one is from the original unit and one is the new unit ?

what were to happen if you take the new unit wires out and plug re-insert them how they were in the old unit ?

no working AC w/ new unit and working AC w old unit means that a wire is not recieving the signal to tell the compressor to turn on.

perhaps a wire is just in the wrong position.

about the yellow wire... do you have the tool that can push the yellow wire out instead of cutting it ?

i forgot the name, but its like a syringe.
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby avalon01 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:28 pm

Mole wrote:im kinda in the dark about this...

the two plugs shown...

one is from the original unit and one is the new unit ?

what were to happen if you take the new unit wires out and plug re-insert them how they were in the old unit ?

no working AC w/ new unit and working AC w old unit means that a wire is not recieving the signal to tell the compressor to turn on.

perhaps a wire is just in the wrong position.

about the yellow wire... do you have the tool that can push the yellow wire out instead of cutting it ?

i forgot the name, but its like a syringe.

yes, one is from the original unit and the other is the new unit.

the wires are different colors and in different spots, dont know if they're all doing the same thing. Do I move the closest one to the next spot, or is it a different wire completely?

No, no tool. Let me know if u know what it is and i'll buy it. :fadein:
avalon01
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry