[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - please help mechanics
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

please help mechanics

please help mechanics

Postby gman » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:34 pm

For those who are aadept at diagnosing problems....

For the last few months

only every few weeks typically

has happened mostly when engine is warm or hot, once when cold

I will crank the engine, it turns over, then stalls

while I try this over and over again

only occasionally it cranks and does not turn over

every time this has happened I sit there for 10-15 minutes before it actually catches and idles

No other hints of operating problems once the problem passes

I have a 98 camry V6 automatic

This is a tough one I know-

I have installed a plasma booster and walbro 190. This sounds like a fuel issue. Probably not spark or else it would not turn over. I am thinking either the walbro is on the frits or the fuel pressure regulator is on it's way out. I have told maybe vapor lock. I released pressure from the gas cap. I have about 1/4 tank. ANY THOUGHTS???? Thanks everyone.
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:38 pm

next time it does that.. Push the gas in all the way and crank it... it could be that the engine is flooding... pushing the gas pedal all teh way in clears the cylinders
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Mandarinsolara » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:46 pm

you are on the right track

sounds like your fuel pump is not happy.

do you get a CEL?
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby gman » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:49 pm

No cels- and of course I left my laptop at work to see if a get any codes. I have a obdII tool plugged into the port underneath the dash but I need my laptop to fire up the software.
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gman » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:01 pm

SC V6 wrote:next time it does that.. Push the gas in all the way and crank it... it could be that the engine is flooding... pushing the gas pedal all teh way in clears the cylinders

tried that just now- made it worse- it wouldn't turn over just crank.
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby zoni » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:03 pm

Do you smell fuel? Did you install the pump correctly? Is something wrong with the stock FPR? i cant really say anything without seeing this one... :( sorry.
5s auto swapped to 1mz std / Turbo
zoni
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gman » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:01 pm

Hey thanks for reaching out Zoni~ Welcome to the board. You said it right with there is more forced inducted cars here. What took you so long to sign up here. I left my car at the dealer during vaca for a bunch of small things and one of them was to see if they could figure it out. I never spoke to the shop foreman on it but the abbreviate diagnoses was there was a loose ground in the tail of the car. How this gives me an intermitent starting problem is still a mystery to me. I am coming up on 2 weeks since I picked it up and it was doing it about every 2-3 weeks. I hope it is gone but I am a little sceptical until months go by and it hasn't done it. BTW - Good luck with the turbo for the community.

Gerard
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby zoni » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:48 pm

thanks bro... i know you are on TN too... i dunno what took me so long to come over here, but it looks like its the place to be. i wish it was the new vBulletin, and not phpBB, but whatever, its cool either way.
5s auto swapped to 1mz std / Turbo
zoni
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry