[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Please help if you can...(With 1 big picture)
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Please help if you can...(With 1 big picture)

Please help if you can...(With 1 big picture)

Postby camryman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:18 pm

I want to swap a 3sgte in my gen 4.5 camry. I was wondering if the chassis is strong enough to hold the boost that i want to be pushing. I am going for about 400-500whp, yes a sleeper type. I am going to be doing this project in july 2006. I know it is a long time from here but it is worth the wait....

I found on the internet that someone has done this b 4.... but in a early model camry...

Here is his site...
http://www.swegyptian.com/index.html
Camry+man = MyCarman
camryman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:26 pm

we're not FR... no need to re-inforce the frame or anything like that... our rear wheels are just there for the ride.

just look for a good suspension, motor mounts, limited slip and clutch.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:29 am

3s motor is definately a lovely machine. With patience and money it is doable, i think someone in Australia has done this swap on their gen4 (not gen 4.5), so look at different boards and see if you can find/locate that person.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby i20solara02i » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:01 pm

nice. good luck on the project.
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:27 pm

go on toyotanation.com talk to"wraith" he did the 3s swap on his gen3 and can help u better than most people here can..
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby camryman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:37 pm

OK thanks for your input. I have seen engines on ebay but dont know if they are trustworthy. I want to get an engine for a decent price, so i can get it rebuilt, with ecu, axels, tranny, drive shaft. I would build up the suspension on my own, I want mean slick lowered look, u know what I mean.... THanks in advance.
Camry+man = MyCarman
camryman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry