[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Disable Auto AC
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Disable Auto AC

Disable Auto AC

Postby Midias » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:21 pm

My girlfriend has a 98 camry LE and the AC turns on every time the defroster is selected. I was wondering if there is a way disable this.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dgdtech1072 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:55 pm

NO YOU CANNOT DISABLE THIS FROM HAPPENING. THE AC IS TURNED ON WHEN IN THE DEFROST MODE BECASE THE AC SYS TAKES THE MOISTURE OUT OF THE AIR HENCE DEFROSTING THE FRONT WINDOW. ALSO YOU CANNOT HAVE THE AC SYS SET TO RECIRC DURING DEFROST BECAUSE IN DEFROST MODE IT USES OUT SIDE AIR. TO DISABLE THE AC DURING DEFROST WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE
dgdtech1072
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:47 pm

ON my solara se i does no happen and on my friends 98 camry 5 speed it does not happen. Defroser sill works fine.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:03 pm

Yeah, and the A/C heats up the car, so if you were just starting the car, the car would warm up faster, hence more hot air since the heater is based on engine heat. Oh and dgd, you might want to keep the Caps Lock off because it's technically "Cybernese" for yelling.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:23 am

When I turn on my defroster and the ac light comes on, I just push the ac button and it turns off, but still is in defrost mode.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Too Bzy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:46 pm

On my '99 it happens but the A/C light doesn't come on but it's on. I noticed the puddle one day and after that I heard it engage. So just because the light doesn't come on doesn't mean it's not on.
Charles "Cee-Jay" Hughes
99 TRD Solara S/C LB GP Ed. 23 of 35
86 Supra w/ 6M-GTE
Too Bzy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry