[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2007 Toyota Camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

2007 Toyota Camry

2007 Toyota Camry

Postby 01SilverGT » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:46 am

Anybody on here have one? I seen one yesterday evening at Walmart and that thing looked badass. I love the dual exhaust and ground effects that come stock. And a 268hp v6, thats more than the mid 14 second 1/4 mile Altima. So like I asked, anyone have one, and if so any mods, what 1/4 times?
01SilverGT
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:00 am

I took one out for a test drive a few weeks ago. (I had a weak moment)

The acceleration is WAAAYYY better than the Gen2 V-6. I think I scared the dealer who was riding with me. The handling is not as good as my current setup. (Duh!) So before I switch, I would want to make sure springs and sway bars are available.

The dealer was willing to try the Solara TRD springs on the 07 Camry just to see if by some remote chance they worked.

That 3.5L has me thinking ... just looking for aftermarket support. If they had it in absolutely Red, I'd be sold.

EDIT: :o Eibach has Pro Kit part number 8273.140 for the 07 Camry V-6. It lowers 1.0 in front and 1.4 in rear.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby kamikazi » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:57 am

personally i don't like the look on the newer 2007 camry for some reason.. maybe because it look alot like an mazda, but u be the judge.
1999 SLE auto.
kamikazi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ian » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:16 am

Waiting to see if there will be any aftermarket support. Since this is the version that is kicking off Toyota's entry into NASCAR, I figure that this should be the version that gets the most aftermarket support. If it doesn't, then I won't waste my time. My experience with the gen 1 solara was more than enough.
Ian
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jon11582 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:45 am

PhreakdOut wrote:I took one out for a test drive a few weeks ago. (I had a weak moment)

The acceleration is WAAAYYY better than the Gen2 V-6. I think I scared the dealer who was riding with me. The handling is not as good as my current setup. (Duh!) So before I switch, I would want to make sure springs and sway bars are available.

The dealer was willing to try the Solara TRD springs on the 07 Camry just to see if by some remote chance they worked.

That 3.5L has me thinking ... just looking for aftermarket support. If they had it in absolutely Red, I'd be sold.

EDIT: :o Eibach has Pro Kit part number 8273.140 for the 07 Camry V-6. It lowers 1.0 in front and 1.4 in rear.

Now did you take out the SE or the LE/XLE?

The SE handles alot better due to the fact that there is a brace behind the back seat to stiffen the ride, and a slightly stiffer spring setup and lower stance (just 1/5 of an inch lower). I havent test driven the others, but they probably ride like jello. The SE V6 seemed to ride very confidently though, without too much softness in the turns.

I too scared the crap out of the car salesman. :) That puppy hauls on the straightaway. The new 2GR in the Gen7 is something that needs to be experienced. When they say 0-60 in 6.5, thier not joking (In fact, most say this is conservative and have tested it as fast as 6.1). Its also more well appointed on the inside, something I think the Gen6 was lacking. Gets better mileage than any Toyota V6 before it too. Whether you like how it looks or not, you have to admit its a great piece of engineering.

Also, the version of the Camry shell that is launching the entry into Nascar was the last generation Camry, Gen 6. Its just the shell, everything under has nothing to do with the Camry, (Its got something like a 600hp V8) so don't expect any more aftermarket just because of that.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 01SilverGT » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:28 pm

0 to 60 in 6.1 is pretty damn fast. Thats about what, mid to high 14's in the 1/4? Not bad for a 3500lb luxury car from Toyota. The one I seen at Walmart was red, not so much absolutely red, but red enough for me to like it, and red is my least favorite color. If Toyota does decide to support this Camry with some aftermarket mods, I would be willing to get one this coming Feb-Mar.
01SilverGT
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SunnySolara » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:13 am

Is it true you can't turn off the traction control? I read that if you get the slightest bit of wheel spin it cuts the power and you lose about half a second on your timed run. Road & Track has it in the summary as 0-60 @ 6.1 and the 1/4 mile in 14.5 seconds. Makes you wonder if you could pull the fuse for the traction control, what time you could get with the perfect amount of wheel spin on launch.

Remember 268 is based on the new horsepower ratings, so it would have been about 280 horsepower under the 2004 ratings. I saw the V6 Solara rated at 210 now instead of 225.

All the cars in NASCAR cup series run 5.7L V8 engines and they're about 850 horsepower now. So far Michael Waltrip, Dale Jarret and Brian Vickers, have signed up to drive the Toyota Camry's, in the Nextel Cup NASCAR series.
SunnySolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 01SilverGT » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:02 am

If Road and Track did 14.5 in the 1/4 mile, then that is one quick Camry. I'm kinda leanin towards getting one just because I love the look and performance, and its just stock. I think with an intake and exhaust you could get this bad boy down to about 14.1. We'll just have to see if theres any performance mods and what type of F/I is available around Feb-Mar next year to know if I'll be getting one.
01SilverGT
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:03 am

Jon11582 wrote:Now did you take out the SE or the LE/XLE?

The SE handles alot better due to the fact that there is a brace behind the back seat to stiffen the ride, and a slightly stiffer spring setup and lower stance (just 1/5 of an inch lower). I havent test driven the others, but they probably ride like jello. The SE V6 seemed to ride very confidently though, without too much softness in the turns.

I too scared the crap out of the car salesman. :) That puppy hauls on the straightaway. The new 2GR in the Gen7 is something that needs to be experienced. When they say 0-60 in 6.5, thier not joking (In fact, most say this is conservative and have tested it as fast as 6.1).

I took out the SE. I told the dealer I wouldn't consider anything but an SE V6. I agree it seemed quicker than 6.5 seconds. By the way, it looks like the Injen intake for the 3.3L would fit fine. It would just veer off in a slightly different angle. I wonder if the spacing and pattern of the strut towers would fit with the Solara FTSTB. I see potential here.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Ian » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:24 am

Ian wrote:Waiting to see if there will be any aftermarket support. Since this is the version that is kicking off Toyota's entry into NASCAR, I figure that this should be the version that gets the most aftermarket support. If it doesn't, then I won't waste my time. My experience with the gen 1 solara was more than enough.

I didn't mean to suggest that the actual Camry was in Nascar with a hooped up V6. I know that they only use a modified shape of the shell. I may have the Gen wrong, but the point is that they are associating a Camry with racing. Which suggests that this actual Camry gen might have racing genes. So, I think this would be the best shot that Camry has of actually having aftermarket support.
Ian
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby variant » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:03 pm

Ian wrote:
Ian wrote:Waiting to see if there will be any aftermarket support. Since this is the version that is kicking off Toyota's entry into NASCAR, I figure that this should be the version that gets the most aftermarket support. If it doesn't, then I won't waste my time. My experience with the gen 1 solara was more than enough.

I didn't mean to suggest that the actual Camry was in Nascar with a hooped up V6. I know that they only use a modified shape of the shell. I may have the Gen wrong, but the point is that they are associating a Camry with racing. Which suggests that this actual Camry gen might have racing genes. So, I think this would be the best shot that Camry has of actually having aftermarket support.
well they still run monte carlo and im quite sure that doesnt have any support for it, im not even sure if they make that pos anymore :lol:
variant
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:59 am

variant wrote:
Ian wrote:

well they still run monte carlo and im quite sure that doesnt have any support for it, im not even sure if they make that pos anymore :lol:

Agreed.
Ian
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby trdkamuri51o » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:36 pm

they do have aftermarket.. more than the solara will ever have... sorry guys but even they get it.. yall get jipped.
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby onefiend » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:32 am

I just bought one this saturday...Titanium Metallic SE V6.

It's true that you cant turn off the traction control.

The car is definitely fast, it felt as fast or if not faster than a 06 Maxima I rented a few months back.

Rear seats do not fold down because of that brace that runs across the rear seat.

.5 Inches lower than the XLE/LE/CE

If you are considering a 2007 Camry, it must be a SE.
2007 Camry SE V6
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby xavier » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:06 am

I am trying to order a 2007 white SE 4 cylinder 5 speed manual but if they cant get one, I'll settle with the black one they are getting in august! To clarify, I am getting the 4 cylinder over the v6 for 5 speed manual transmission.
Bixenon projector retrofit done! http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48701
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Toyota Camry